PDA

View Full Version : hi i'm new i'm glenda aged 66

glenda waddison
18-11-07, 09:14
Hi. I'm Glenda aged 66 I have been suffering with anxiety for a few years, in 2001 I was diagnosed with over active thyroid which can cause anxiety but with medication for this and antidepressants I felt better,unfortunately the thyroid was up and down and I decided to have more teeatment in April 2006(radio active iodine) which kills off some of the thyroid gland and reverses it to being underactive. Unfortunately the medication for this does not seem to suit me and makes me more anxious. I have a very helpfull consultant who is helping me but at times I find it hard. I also have a daughter who suffers from anxiety which concerns me and when she is not well I seem to feel worse, although she is very helpfull and finds this site most helpfull. I was wondering if there is anyone who could help a little I am very emotional and want so much to be strong for the familyand myself, I try hard to carry on with my life helping with grandchildren, up untill recently looking after my 97year old mum(she is now in care but very contented) and helping as many people as I can.

Jaco45er
18-11-07, 09:17
Hi Glenda and welcome to NMP :)

SarahSRE
18-11-07, 09:23
Hi Glenda

Nice to hear from you. We are all in very similar boats. Anxiety isn't very nice at all, in fact it's really horrible but the good thing about it is that we can do something to help ourselves and with alot of effort, the right guidance and with support and time you will get there. I am sure you have made progress already even though you say you are finding it hard at the moment.

Sending you hugs and know that we are all here for you.

xxx

glenda waddison
18-11-07, 09:53
Thanks so much for your reply it is helpful to no that there is someone out ther who cares, I do lots like listening to relaxation tapes etc, walking, etc but at the moment this seems extra hard. amny thanks.

SarahSRE
18-11-07, 11:08
No problem at all you will find lots of people suffer at different times so you are not alone. The good thing is that it goes. If you've got a negative parrot on your shoulder then at least remember your other much bigger positive parrot on the other shoulder, get into the habit of always answering back the silly parrot with the positive parrot. You are doing well to do all that Glenda well done. As you progress along the road of recovery (which is often very bumpy, not smooth) you will realise that your more positive thoughts are kicking in much more often. It takes time. For now you are doing really really good. With help you will do even better!

x

Nibbles
18-11-07, 11:21
Hi Glenda and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

SummerEveryday
18-11-07, 11:36
Hi Glenda!! I'm new here too.I understand panic and anxiety very well.I've had it for the past 15 years on and off.Please know that you are not alone and that there are many many others going through this.You will get through this.There is a lot of information out there on how to deal with this and this site seems to be really good.Hang in there (((hugs)))
Sincerely,Summer

dinkydoo
18-11-07, 11:40
Hi Glenda, sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment I hope things get easier for you soon. I have been a sufferer of anxiety since a child, my Dad was suffering terribly from depression and anxiety when we were growing up, and I seem to have learned some of his traits.
Do you and your daughter find time to do nice things together? just the two of you, say go for a coffee or browse rd the shops?
Take care and stay strong, this site is great for proving we are far from alone in it all!!!!

manmoor
18-11-07, 11:59
Hi Glenda,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

matti
18-11-07, 12:06
Hi Glenda
A very warm welcome to you. I have found this site so helpful, I hope that you will too.
I to suffer like so many others and I draw comfort from the fact that Im not alone. Take care :o)
Love Matti x

honeybee3939
18-11-07, 15:20
Hi Glenda

A BIG warm welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

trac67
18-11-07, 15:32
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

take care

Trac xxx

kazzie
18-11-07, 15:59
A big WELCOME to you Glenda:flowers:

Luv Kaz x

glenda waddison
19-11-07, 10:34
Thanks very much for your reply. It is a great help to know that there are others who understand how i am feeling. I look forward to chatting with you again. Lots of love. Take Care.

Love Glenda xxxxxxxxxxx

Lindalou64
19-11-07, 12:34
HELLO GLENDA AND WELCOME TO THE SITE......LINDA

ruthb1
19-11-07, 16:21
hi glenda,

welcome to NMP, you will find loads of advice here and some great people who understand what you are going though as we have been though it ourselves or are still going through it and also you will not get judged.

take care

ruth x

Pickle
19-11-07, 16:59
Hi Glenda

:welcome: to NMP - there are loads of great people here who have been and are going thro exactly what you are. Check out the links on the left which will take you to some really helpful advice.

Take care

groovygranny
19-11-07, 18:31
Hello Glenda:welcome: to you!

What a lovely, caring person you sound in spite of your personal difficulties - but, remember you must take care of yourself too eh?

Glad you joined us - pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

nomorepanic
19-11-07, 18:36
Hi Glenda

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Southern_Belle
20-11-07, 03:02
Hi Glenda,

Welcome to the site. You will be surprised at how many here feel like you do and the support you will receive.

Hugs,

Laura

margaret911
20-11-07, 22:41
Hi Glenda
Welcome to nmp, hope this site helps you as much as it helps me. Take care.
love Mags xxx

Pink Princess
25-11-07, 18:51
http://www.zwani.com/graphics/hello/images/14441.gif

welcome to the site hope to see you around x

take kare xxxxxxx