PDA

View Full Version : Mouth/gum worries

Matthew1233
02-12-21, 14:57
I am worried about my mouth. I feel I may have gum disease (blood when brushing, although that only occured when I got a new tooth brush) but my gums have bled for as long as I can remember. I am worried about periodontitis , because I woke up one morning and there some blood in mouth but that was only once. Also I can feel like a sore pain on one of those little horns under your tongue as well as one on the side of the tongue. I also feel the roof of my mouth may be swollen (again I have had this before). Am I overreacting here?

Sunshine93
02-12-21, 15:17
Do you go to the dentist regularly? He/she will definitely notice if you have gum disease. Don't worry :).

Matthew1233
02-12-21, 15:32
Do you go to the dentist regularly? He/she will definitely notice if you have gum disease. Don't worry :).

She did say I have mild gingivitis but that was well over a year ago (nearly two almost), last time I went (about 3 months ago she said all was fine.)

Sunshine93
02-12-21, 15:43
She did say I have mild gingivitis but that was well over a year ago (nearly two almost), last time I went (about 3 months ago she said all was fine.)

Then it should be fine I think :). She is the expert. Maybe you can talk about your gum disease anxiety with the dentist? A lot of people struggle with it.