PDA

View Full Version : Bad night sweats

BrokenGirl
05-12-21, 09:59
My son (20) woke up early this morning and had to change his bedsheets. He was drowned in sweat. This happened as well about 2 or 3 months ago and I can't help but worry about it. I know night sweats like that can be a sign of something serious.
Can this happen and not be anything serious? He doesn't appear to be sick or unwell. I'm really worried though.

Fishmanpa
05-12-21, 13:40
Yes, it can happen and not be serious at all. The night sweats to be concerned about would be constant. With me it was every night to varying degrees.

FMP

jojo2316
05-12-21, 16:29
When my husband and I were first together, this happened to him a lot. He was in his late 20s then. I don’t think either of us thought anything of it!

Carys
05-12-21, 17:21
Hormones ? Testosterone levels changing, common in 20s ? A mild night with the house too warm and too tucked in ? Alcohol ? Vaccination ? Anxiety and stress ? - this alone can cause a night sweat. Plenty of alternative, simple reasons are possible without jumping to the least likely and most serious outcomes (especially if there are no other illnesses or symptoms) - but then you know this BrokenGirl already ! ;)

BrokenGirl
05-12-21, 23:24
Thanks so much for your replies.
I suppose it's the fact that over the past 6 months or so he has sweated a good few nights. Some nights he would get a towel and wipe himself but wouldn't feel the need to change the sheets. But then last night was the second or third time he had to change them.
I know there could be a lot of reasons for it. Some of the ones you mentioned Carys are probably possibilities and some others are definitely not.
But of course I'll always jump to the worst case scenario anyway - that's what I do best :doh:

pulisa
06-12-21, 08:15
Thanks so much for your replies.
I suppose it's the fact that over the past 6 months or so he has sweated a good few nights. Some nights he would get a towel and wipe himself but wouldn't feel the need to change the sheets. But then last night was the second or third time he had to change them.
I know there could be a lot of reasons for it. Some of the ones you mentioned Carys are probably possibilities and some others are definitely not.
But of course I'll always jump to the worst case scenario anyway - that's what I do best :doh:

Why "of course"? What would it mean to you if you didn't always jump to WCS mode?

Carys
06-12-21, 12:13
Absolutely - you can train yourself to stay in the 'MLS' (Most likely scenario) territory !

pulisa
06-12-21, 13:51
Absolutely - you can train yourself to stay in the 'MLS' (Most likely scenario) territory !

So what would be the MLS re your son this time, BG? Amongst the probable possibilities you acknowledged?