PDA

View Full Version : lump in throat and no appetite

saintdee
18-11-07, 14:23
hiya,

i have not had an appetite for the last couple of days and if i try and eat then i feel like i cant swallow anything, i feel like i have something blocking the back of my throat deep down, i also have had tummy pains over last week, i have got ibs but have never had these symptoms before, could it be ibs, im really worried about stomch cancer to the extent that i think i might be physcologically stoping myself eat now! can anyone relate to this and tell me how there symptoms went on for, im proper scared right now.x

sagey
18-11-07, 23:39
I haven't had this and don't really know what to say. Do you like milk? That's nutricious and you need some calories that won't hurt you. Could you try some scrambled eggs? Good luck and try to relax about this.

judipat
19-11-07, 08:34
Hi saint

These are very classic anxiety symptoms. I have suffered with these for the last few weeks on and off and they are very frightening. Only last night i was in the chat room on this site, and i suddenly could'nt swallow. I did panic at first, then i thought - relax, relax, relax!!! I let my whole body go limp, including my shoulders, kneck and head. You have to make sure you tongue is at the bottom of your mouth too - then do your breathing excercises for a few minutes and concentrate on keeping your body limp.
After a little while it went - its not easy at the time, but it will work.
Also - do not worry about the eating, although, if you are underweight (dont have that problem!!) you could try those high protein drinks.

Hope thats some help

Judi