PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety migraine?

Sunflower318
08-12-21, 14:16
Ive had a drs appt scheduled for a few months. Todays the day and i have a killer migraine. Ive been nervous about going anyway. Its my ob appt and they always make me anxious anyway
But covid is really bad right now and my state is in a emergency because hospitals are full. So im more nervous. But this headache is pretty common when i have some sort of appt or event. I hate it. I usually end up canceling because in in pain and afraid to drive.anyone else have these headache

.Poppy.
08-12-21, 14:52
I've had issues with headaches my entire life, but they really morphed into migraines when I was 11. Mine are tension related - lately I get them mainly when I sleep in a bad position - but I also get them when anxious as anxiety causes tension. I also used to get them all the time when I was excited for something, so I spent a lot of birthday parties as a teen pushing through a migraine, which was no fun.

Do you have any migraine medication? I've bounced around trying to find something that works, right now I'm on Nurtec which seems to help about as well as anything else.