PDA

View Full Version : Panic free in a city centre

katie3112
18-11-07, 17:39
Hi guys,

Just thought I'd write quickly as I'm feeling quite happy with myself this evening and thought maybe my story would encourage others...

This weekend me and my family went to Sheffield which we have never been to before so I was quite nervous, what with it being a busy city, but I figured I'd be ok as my Dad had said we'd probably use the car to get around, so I thought 'Great, I'll have somewhere to escape to if I need to'.

But Friday night after we'd arrived, my Dad decided he didn't want to drive as it was too complicated with all the one-way streets so we'd get taxis instead. I was so upset and was sobbing on the phone to my boyfriend that I wanted to come home because I was so scared of being trapped with nowhere private to go.

Still, I figured I had to try it as we'd come all this way to see my brother and he'd be upset if I didn't go (plus I'd have to make all sorts of excuses to my Dad who doesn't know I have agoraphobia). And in the end I was ok and actually enjoyed looking around all the shops. I just kept asking myself 'Really, what's the worst that could happen? So I feel faint, I'll just sit down somewhere and breathe and I know it'll pass because IT'S ALL IN MY MIND!'

So I hope if you're reading this and you're feeling scared about having to go somewhere new or busy then this might help - just breeeeaaaathe and say to yourself, 'I am strong, I am confident and I am facing my fears'.

Take care xxx

manmoor
18-11-07, 17:42
Hi Katie what a lovely post hun and a big well done to you. I think this post should be in the success stories :D and I hope an admin comes along soon and moves it there. xxx

Bill
19-11-07, 02:05
Brilliant! :yesyes: And yes, it should be in the success stories. I hope lots of people read this as it will show that if you can then they can too because you've shown the power of the mind.:hugs:

You know now it's possible to cope so from now on you can put into practise the methods you've learnt.:hugs:

Well done!:yesyes:

mark74
19-11-07, 06:03
well done:-)
Thats where im hoping to get,its very encoraging to hear stories like this

PUGLETMUM
19-11-07, 08:40
:yesyes: hi katie, so pleased for you!!!! its a lovely feeling isnt it when you know you dont have to let panic control your life:yesyes: like youve said it can be there but you can stop it from escalating, or it goes down anyway and then you can carry on!! so well done you:flowers:

honeybee3939
19-11-07, 16:30
Aww Katie

Would a lovely thread to read:hugs:

So pleased to hear you had such a successful weekend, WELL DONE !:yesyes:

Sheffield is such a busy place so thats a brilliant achevement for you:yesyes: , you keep up the good work hun:yesyes: . Im real proud of you:yesyes: .

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Southern_Belle
20-11-07, 02:51
Hi Katie,

You should be very proud of yourself for facing your fears and I'm glad you had such a wonderful time.

Hugs,

Laura