PDA

View Full Version : NHS Support

up a ladder
09-12-21, 20:32
Hi my last episode of anxiety and depression was met with pretty limited support from the NHS. Basically had appointments cancelled and then was kicked off the waiting list as I had not turned up to an appointment (that they cancelled 3 days before). Luckily I managed to get Bupa support through work and that was pretty instant and very good.
I had Bupa through work and am currently expecting to be made redundant (another story) and am so scared that if I need any help from a relapse that I will have to rely on the NHS.

I have a huge amount of respect for the NHS but are they able to support people with Anxiety and depression in quite acute cases? I have been on Venlafaxine for about 4 years and before that Citalopram for about 10. History wise I have had ongoing anxiety and depression for about 28 years and am now a very tired 53 year old.

pb
10-12-21, 16:57
I have had counselling from Mind, they offer up to 42 sessions and have really helped. There is a waiting list for this, but is so much better than what the NHS offers x

Paradise10
14-12-21, 11:28
I have also spoken with Mind as the NHS Iapt service cant even assess me until February next year.

I have a telephone consultation with Mind this afternoon so they can assess and see what they can offer.