PDA

View Full Version : Occupational Health

rosepetal
18-11-07, 18:31
Ok, I've seen Occ Health once, but the council has changed providers. Also this time round I'm more aware of what's going on in my head.

Basically, I'm being referred to occupational health because some of my PTSD symptoms [irritability/anger, defensiveness, hyper-vigilance] have upset several visitors to the office where I work part of the week. It's an issue generally, as well. But.

I know I need to change, but it's not something I can do overnight. I'm working on it.

Anyway.... has anyone else been to Occ Health? What happened? What did they ask? What did they do? What can I expect?

raphael
18-11-07, 20:42
Hi

Ive seen occupational health about an injury i have had but it includes the emotional effect etc. My experience has been good i have shown my emotions cried a few times they have helped me try to find ways to return to work etc they have genuinely (spelling) been on my side and positive have seen them about 6 times be honest or as much as you feel you can.

Good luck
x

bearcrazy
18-11-07, 21:42
:hugs: i had a lovely occupational health therapist, she was a counsellor and really supported me. Hope you get on ok.

tc xxxxxxxxxxxxx

ladygrom
19-11-07, 02:25
hi i have also been to occupational health and the person i saw was lovely she was just genualy asking how she could help me to get back to work and gave me loads of support to .tc and i hope you get on ok elainexxxxxx

decca
23-11-07, 20:16
I work for the local council and have to see the Occupational Health Doctor after being off sick with work/health related anxiety and stress.
Has anyone seen a Council Doctor ?, what can I expect ? will he tell me to get back to work or what ? The Council have also organised a counceling session a week after the Doctor.
Basically I was originally taken ill whilst at work with one major panic attack after another until I made a dash for the door and ran ,it's effected my heart rate and blood pressure , I'm slowly getting better by sorting things out myself to regain my confidence but I'm really worried that if I'm forced to return before I'm ready the whole thing will start off again and I'll never return.