PDA

View Full Version : Weight loss

Hco
15-12-21, 19:52
Hi I’m not entirely sure where this post should go so please bare with me.
I have been on here a bit recently with a few worried that keep fleeting in my mind. Today is another worry but about my unintentional weight loss. In the past when I have been going through an anxiety panic I have lost up to a stone over a few weeks as my appetite just vanishes. This time my appetite has been fine to be honest I don’t eat that’s great meals by the time I have my children bathed an ready for bed I’m happy with a bar of chocolate and a cup of tea!!
So today I got on the scales and noticed if lost 6lb in the past week since I last weighed and. Or I’m worrying of the worse cases! I do currently have COVID ( day 5) but my appetite hasn’t changed I just Don’t feel as bloated as other times. Can bloat really weigh 6lb? I have been feeling am little anxious over the weeks with one thing and another too.
Sorry for the rambling just worried how I have lost 6lb in a week with no effort only COVID ?
I’d appreciate any reply’s.
Thanks

Cptdebbie
19-12-21, 17:19
I’ve had this happen to me before. My appetite didn’t change, but I started eating out less. I lost 7 lbs in a few days. I mentioned it to my doctor. He suspected I was eating less sodium and had lost water weight.

AnxietySufferer
23-12-21, 15:02
Please stop weighing yourself. Unless your clothes are falling off of you and their is no obvious cause then this is not a concern. Weight will fluctuate. As Debbie says it can also be water weight. It can also be stress. Or maybe you are eating less without realising it.

Its probably not directly COVID, but I have COVID right now also. I partially lost my taste but not actually enough to notice untill today when I got it back completely. I was finding I would be starving hungry, but after eating a little I would be full. I now realise, its because food wasn't tasting good. So once I had filled the hunger 'whole' I didnt want to eat that much.