PDA

View Full Version : panic and anxiety

julie71
18-11-07, 20:38
hi im julie im 36.for a while now i have been waking in the night and all of a sudden i get a fast pulse rate.i got taken in a while ago to hospital with a rate of 145 but when there got told it was not my heart but to do with stress and panic.thing is i just wake up and it starts.i dunno if i wake up and think about it and vring it on.all they keep telling me is ur heart is ok.its scary though ur heart pounding in your chest that hard.

groovygranny
18-11-07, 21:13
Hello Julile:welcome:to you!

Hope you don't mind but I moved your post from Messages for NoMorePanic to here - thought you'd get more replies that way!!

It sounds as though you have the classic signs of anxiety/panic and this can be a vicious circle. When it happens try and breathe steadily and regularly and let it 'run it's course' ......try and distract yourself from thinking about it by maybe reading a book or listening to some soothing music for a while until it passes. It's not easy, and may take a while, but the circle can be broken.

You'll find plenty of help and support here - pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

manmoor
19-11-07, 07:10
Hi Julie,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

julie71
19-11-07, 09:49
hi mandy and gg.my hubby found this site and he said it would be good for me to talk to other people that are going through the same thing as me.he is a great help i wouldnt know what to do without him but like he says talking to other s that suffer the same is a good idea.thanks for replying to me.xx

Lindalou64
19-11-07, 12:34
Hello Julie And Welcome To The Site......linda

trac67
19-11-07, 14:39
Hi Julie,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxxx

honeybee3939
19-11-07, 16:10
Hi Julie

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Take a look at the Common Symptoms link too, it may help to reassure you.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=7794

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

nomorepanic
19-11-07, 18:51
Hi Julie

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

julie71
19-11-07, 21:33
thanks to all who have replied.i think it will be good to talk to other people that suffer the same and get the advice i need.thanks to all xxx

Southern_Belle
20-11-07, 03:00
Hi Julie,

Welcome to the site. You will be surprised at how many here feel like you do and the support you will receive.

Hugs,

Laura

Nibbles
20-11-07, 11:58
Hi Julie and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Perhaps you could try having something to hand which could distract you for when you wake up feeling panicky? I'm thinking along the lines of a jigsaw or puzzle book.

Take care,

Mike :)

julie71
21-11-07, 07:07
hi and thanks.woke up to yet another one last night but sat and tried to ignore it.it took a little while but it went away in the nd.thanks

Pink Princess
25-11-07, 18:53
http://www.zwani.com/graphics/hello/images/14441.gif

welcome to the site hope to see you around

take good care xxx

julie71
09-12-07, 07:00
hi .god i hate panic attacks.the fast heartbeat the worse.sometimes dont feel as ifim panicking and it happens.had ambulance last night who yet again reassured me sinus tachy.just panic again.they left,i went bk to sleep 2hours later it happened again grrrrrrr .not gettin much sleep at mo.been told to lay off coffee and eatin late at night.why am i such a panicker

margaret911
09-12-07, 20:45
Hi Julie

Welcome to nmp, hope this site helps you as much as it helps me. Take care:hugs:
love Mags xxxx

julie71
11-12-07, 07:16
Hi Julie

Welcome to nmp, hope this site helps you as much as it helps me. Take care:hugs:
love Mags xxxx
hi mags.this site has been a big help.still get em now and again but gettin better slowly