PDA

View Full Version : Response on posts

lees6655
19-12-21, 09:03
Just wanted to ask if there is not as many people on the forum now or is it that people don't want to comment on my posts as they can not help me . as I have had limited response on my posts lately . I do have health anxiety that I can control most of the time but iam struggling now i know that people on here can not diagnose me but now iam worried that it is something serious again. Just feeling quite low at the minute and don't seem to be getting any better

Chlobo
19-12-21, 10:37
Hey sorry you're feeling this way.
What's going on?

lees6655
19-12-21, 12:15
Hi chlobo thanks for your reply I have been having a lot of bowel problems looser stools for months lower back ache going into bum acid reflux and generally not feeling great . I had a upper gi endoscopy and they said I have gastritis and took some biopsy's so waiting for the results iam also waiting for a colonoscopy but generally feeling fed up and worried I have posted a few times on the forum but not had much response .

nomorepanic
19-12-21, 12:41
The forum does seem to be very quiet at the moment for some reason. Maybe people are getting ready for christmas.

pulisa
19-12-21, 14:16
https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?95142-Health-anxiety&p=832667#post832667

Do you think it might be helpful to go back to some of your past posts and to re-read the advice you have been given on HA? How are you treating your gastritis? What is your diet like?

Scass
19-12-21, 14:46
Just wanted to ask if there is not as many people on the forum now or is it that people don't want to comment on my posts as they can not help me . as I have had limited response on my posts lately . I do have health anxiety that I can control most of the time but iam struggling now i know that people on here can not diagnose me but now iam worried that it is something serious again. Just feeling quite low at the minute and don't seem to be getting any better

I’m sorry, I for one know that my mental load is pretty overstretched at the moment and I have sometimes found it hard replying to some of the symptoms/ questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueIris
19-12-21, 15:47
Again, sorry Lees. This isn't directed at you personally but I've become mentally drained from trying to give people support and advice that gets ignored and dismissed.

Cptdebbie
19-12-21, 17:27
Hi Lees,
I’ve had similar issues. I had loose stools and diarrhea for over a year. I also had a lot of abdominal pain. I have IBS, but my episodes usually don’t last this long.

I went through a bunch of tests and after long waits in between tests and appointments, discovered that I was actually constipated. I started taking Miralax every day and feel much better now.

I hope you feel better soon and have a good holiday.

Hugs,
Debbie

pulisa
19-12-21, 18:03
Again, sorry Lees. This isn't directed at you personally but I've become mentally drained from trying to give people support and advice that gets ignored and dismissed.

I feel the same, Blue. It's the nature of HA to ignore/dismiss advice in favour of worst case scenario diagnoses but it's pretty depressing and tiring for those trying to help the sufferer when there's so little desire to change the mindset.

lees6655
19-12-21, 18:35
Hi Lees,
I’ve had similar issues. I had loose stools and diarrhea for over a year. I also had a lot of abdominal pain. I have IBS, but my episodes usually don’t last this long.

I went through a bunch of tests and after long waits in between tests and appointments, discovered that I was actually constipated. I started taking Miralax every day and feel much better now.

I hope you feel better soon and have a good holiday.

Hugs,
Debbie

Hi thanks for your reply Cptdebbie i do suffer with constipation so this could be something similar

lees6655
19-12-21, 18:50
Hi thanks for your replys I have tried changing my diet but when you don't start feeling any better anxiety gets the better of you I think the best thing to do is stop posting on the forum looking for help or reassurance .

pulisa
19-12-21, 19:47
Does reassurance work for you though? What about some practical ways to manage anxiety such as dealing with facts not fears?

Facts such as you have had an endoscopy which showed gastritis. Facts like no cancer was diagnosed. I take it that you have an IBS diagnosis which can also affect anything from the throat down to the anus? Facts that you have a very long history of fearing a cancer diagnosis with every set of investigations..but cancer has never been a cause of any of your symptoms. HA is hard to manage but there are things you can do/not do to help you manage it better. Using this forum with a new approach could help you too but do expect to be challenged. We are trying to help you not dismiss your fears as silly.

Fishmanpa
19-12-21, 21:07
I feel the same, Blue. It's the nature of HA to ignore/dismiss advice in favour of worst case scenario diagnoses but it's pretty depressing and tiring for those trying to help the sufferer when there's so little desire to change the mindset.

Having been here for a while, I have to agree with this. Over the last couple of years, especially since COVID, it seems the only members posting are the serial posters and nothing said or suggested helps. It the SSDD over and over and over and over :doh:. No sense in replying as you know what the result and reply will be :shrug:

The members who have been here for a while trying to help offer the same positive advice only to be ignored. We all see the same patterns of HA and general anxiety and it becomes an :emot-rolleyes: as we've all seen it a thousand times over.

It really is time members posting take on the advice and responsibility for their mental illness. I get that a bit of reassurance now and again helps but far too many totally rely on this site to feed their dragon and take no personal responsibility for their illness.

I don't expect any acknowledgement but it does need to be said.

FMP

lees6655
20-12-21, 00:20
Hi thanks for your replys I think this will be my last post on the forum I may just look from time to time on the forum I didn't realise that I posted that often 162 times in 12 years thanks again to all who replied

Cptdebbie
20-12-21, 03:30
Oh Lees, please don’t go. I think this forum can find a happy medium. Most of us share a problem that is difficult to understand unless you experience it. Anxiety is irrational. It is scary. It is difficult to overcome. We need a place to go where we are understood. I know I do. I think you do as well.

The forum sometimes starts triggering my anxiety and I need a break. When Im here, though, I am happy to respond to your posts however often you need to post.

Fishman and Pulisa have been wonderful contributors to the forum. I am so grateful for their kindness and wisdom. They need to do and say what they think is right.

Perhaps we need a variety of responses to various posts? We may all be dealing with a similar problem, but how we arrived there and how we overcome it may vary from person to person. Offering different types of responses may be the best way to help.

In any case, please don’t leave.

I hope you feel better soon. Hugs, Debbie

BlueIris
20-12-21, 03:48
Hi thanks for your replys I think this will be my last post on the forum I may just look from time to time on the forum I didn't realise that I posted that often 162 times in 12 years thanks again to all who replied

This is the other reason I'm not replying much these days. When people threaten to leave because they don't hear what they want to, it feels like emotional blackmail. Believe it or not, I do try to be kind and I don't want anyone to feel hurt or excluded.

However, when it came to getting my own HA under control, no amount of beating about the bush helped. Self-care is a wonderful thing, but in my (non-universal) experience, what really helped was people pointing out my faulty thought patterns so that I could acknowledge them as such and dismiss them. HA is a distressing condition, yes, but honestly, the ridiculous things we convince ourselves of can be kind of funny. I once got into a panic and went into a Google fugue because I thought my farts were too high-pitched because of a tumour blocking my colon!

I'm here for the sense of community, and to try and help people on their way to the (relatively) good place I'm at now. As Debbie's said, we're all on our own journey, and we're all responsible for our own mental health. If you feel as though this place is damaging to that, then I really hope you're able to find your peace elsewhere.

pulisa
20-12-21, 08:29

I think we are just trying to explain why there are less people on here replying to posts at the moment. It certainly wasn't an "attack" on you personally. You post rarely but obviously your HA has been tormenting you for many years. If you just get reassurance from people on here does it actually work? If it does then fair enough. Your quality of life is what matters and living with HA is very draining.

I would always prefer to challenge my HA but we are all different and it's all about what helps YOU.

Carys
20-12-21, 12:57
I think the forum is just quiet Lees, and the regulars are a bit 'out of energy' at the moment. I know it does feel very personal and upsetting when replies don't appear.

lees6655
20-12-21, 18:56
Hi thanks again to everyone who replied I really appreciate it and it means a lot like I said before i think iam going to try and not post from now on I'm not deleting my account so will still look on the forum . Maybe like some of you have said that its not doing me any good looking for reassurance thanks again for your support .