PDA

View Full Version : strange and scary thoughts

louise0501
18-11-07, 23:25
hello, for i suppose the past 3 days i have been having some really strange and scary thoughts that keep popping into my head. it's so annoying because i was just starting to get over my health anxiety and now i'm having these really horrible thoughts which is causing more physical symptoms which triggers my health anxiety. i keep thinking about the future and how you can't stop getting older and how scared i am about getting older and it's making really anxious. it seems like i'm stuck in a vicous cycle that i can't escape, does anyone have any advice to getting over anxiety and these strange thoughts?
Please reply
Love Louise

groovygranny
18-11-07, 23:45
Oh yes Louise, I remember having these awful thoughts when I was so so ill.

I thought they'd never leave me - but they did.

And now this is my 'Mantra' so to speak (my daughter sent it to me ages ago!) . I hope you don't find it flippant in any way, but I really do try and think like this every day and live each day to the full no matter how crap I'm feeling. Sometimes I manage it - sometimes I don't......but such is life.

I believe it was originally written by and 84 year old lady - oh boy, how I aspire to that lady lol !!

Big hugs for you :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

:flowers:

lesleyB
19-11-07, 16:41
Hi I also have bad thoughts but you have to remember that they are just thoughts and can do no harm.Try to distract yourself from the thoughts if you can read a book or go for a walk ,it is important not to dwell on them as then you give the thoughts power over you and the mind just spirals.I am getting old now 62 and I used to have these thoughts, but I try and have something to lookforward to now and don't worry so much.
Try to keep positive and be good to yourself.
Lesley:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

lesleyB
19-11-07, 16:42
Oh great mantra groovy granny:D
Lesleyb