PDA

View Full Version : Flexi sigmoidoscopy and polyp.

Cariad1
20-12-21, 16:12
Hi

I was just wondering if anyone else has been in this position and for a little advice.

I had a flexi sigmoidoscopy on Friday as i have been having issues with hemmies, The actual procedure wasn't to bad at all but they found a 4mm sessile polyp and removed it, they are now sending it away for biopsy and i should hear something in around 2-3 weeks.

Ofourse them finding a polyp has me worrying a little but i know that most of them are benign so holding onto this at the mo, my question is has anyone else had polyps found on a felxi sig and then had to go on to have a full colonoscopy? Im not sure if its protocol to have to have the 'full works' if something is found when just doing the flexi sig.

Thank you :)

nomorepanic
20-12-21, 17:00
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239