PDA

View Full Version : Anaphylaxis shock

Nattynoonoo1990xx
21-12-21, 21:26
Hiya I've been going through chronic hives and hair loss for 5 months starting 2 months after having covid. My hair has stooped falling out but for the hives I'm on fexofenadine daily, I have a dermatologist app this month and just been rushed through to see a imunolagist. Because on Thursday I had egg and 20 mins later starting experiencing anaphylaxis shock, mybdr has prescribed me epi pens incase it happens again until we know what's going on. But everytime I est I get so scared it's going to happen again, my health anxiety is through the roof with it

Carys
21-12-21, 21:48
I think its perfectly understandable that you are scared right now - you have had a right awful time of it with covid and then some long-term immunological symptoms since then. I honestly don't have advice for you regarding the symptoms you are having, as I've not experienced them, but I didn't want to read and and leave. The anaphylaxis must have been utterly terrifying for you and I suspect that at the moment, until you have some answers, that will remain a problem. Do you know when you will see the immunologist ? This isn't really 'HA' in the sense of hypochondria, to my mind this is perfectly justifiable, cause and effect anxiety about your health. Are there 'safe' foods, that most people, even those with allergies, can generally tolerate ? Why not make sure that you at least keep your strength and health ok by avoiding potential triggers (even though the chances are you aren't allergic anyway apart from to egg).

Nattynoonoo1990xx
21-12-21, 22:34
Thankyou for replying, I think it will be in about 2 weeks, I've had bad health anxiety since last year when I got misdiagnosed having a heart attack and a week later my stepdad died on a heart attack so had bad health anxiety and panic attacks since, then was doing ok until I caught covid now these long term effects. Appreciate you replying

Carys
21-12-21, 22:40
Oh my goodness, I am SO sorry - did you have a heart attack or did they say you had one when you didn't have one ?

Nattynoonoo1990xx
21-12-21, 22:44
I went to the dr with slight chest pain and there was o dr available so I was saw by a pharmacist and he said I was having a heart attack and rushed me to hosp, it was just acid but a pharmacist shouldn't of diagnosed me like that

lisa0988
03-01-22, 18:55
Hi how are you getting on . Ive developed alergys since the covid vaccine but just hives