PDA

View Full Version : Very anxious right now…

anxious_thoughts
23-12-21, 02:00
Im worried I have COVID. I’m fully vaccinated, but on Saturday I started getting a sore throat and ticklish nose and some sneezing. Then the sore throat stopped yesterday, but I have a stuffy nose and sinus pain.

I haven’t travelled or anything and I work from home. Just do casual errands like grocery shopping. I’m really trying to not scare myself but it’s driving me a bit crazy. The sore throat is gone now but now a stuffy nose.

glassgirlw
23-12-21, 03:19
Have you gotten tested? That’s the only way to know for sure really.

Punky789
23-12-21, 14:36
I've thought I or someone in my home have had Covid so many times in these past almost two years. It's funny how many persisting Covid-like symptoms I get (or my kids and husband!). Allergies, post nasal drip, stress, anxiety...those are usually my culprits.

For me, it helped for a while to keep a log of when I felt these things. So if I woke up with a sore throat I would note it down. Eventually I could discern a pattern to the symptoms by checking the allergy report for the day, or my husband mentioning I had been sleeping with my mouth open, or needing to vacuum or brush the pets.

My kids even both had Covid outbreaks in their classes in October. Multiple kids in their classes were positive. We were in isolation for a long time. We never got sick, thank goodness.

Maybe these symptoms are common for you and you have never realized. Maybe, like me, you've never really paid attention to whether you have a scratchy throat, stuffy nose, runny nose, etc prior to Covid because it never used to equal the end of the world like it seems to do now.

Also, take comfort in the fact that the vaccines work. They offer protection and the chances of something seriously bad happening to you, should you actually get sick, is low!

anxious_thoughts
23-12-21, 21:44
You’re right! Luckily I was able to do a rapid test and I don’t have COVID thank god! Just a cold. Im at about 80% better today :)