PDA

View Full Version : Faint line in lft, terrified

rainbow
29-12-21, 19:06
I posted about my daughter having symptoms and have 7 negative lft’s. I have a pcr booked for myself and my son tomorrow but did a lft today, there is a slight line and now I am absolutely terrified.

Can anyone calm me down?

Gary A
29-12-21, 19:18
Well the virus has completely run out of control and there’s a higher chance now more than ever that you might have it. Fortunately, if you do have it, you’re getting the most mild variant we have dealt with so far and you’ve got the very high protection from effective vaccines.

You need to try and calm yourself down.

Lencoboy
29-12-21, 19:24
I posted about my daughter having symptoms and have 7 negative lft’s. I have a pcr booked for myself and my son tomorrow but did a lft today, there is a slight line and now I am absolutely terrified.

Can anyone calm me down?

What are your symptoms so far Rainbow, if any at all?

It's probably odds on that you'll be OK and only have it very mildly.

Also, try not to take today's case numbers at face value as a sizeable proportion of them are attributed to NI playing 5-day catch-up. Also Covid deaths still appear to be at low-ish levels, despite the rapid increases in (Omicron) cases over the past few weeks.

I also reckon that Delta will be pretty much gone by mid-January, the way things seem to be right now.

Catkins
29-12-21, 20:01
Honestly Rainbow, I've just had it and I had a sore throat for a couple of days, maybe felt a little grotty, the odd headache and had a cough (which I've still got, but which apparently can carry on for a while). In a normal non-pandemic world I've been to work feeling much worse than I did when I had it.

In all likelihood if your PCR is positive
your symptoms will be mild and you will recover quickly.

rainbow
29-12-21, 22:01
I’m more worried about my 14 year old unvaccinated son. I am just so scared

Iwant2bhealthy
29-12-21, 22:06
Honestly Rainbow, I've just had it and I had a sore throat for a couple of days, maybe felt a little grotty, the odd headache and had a cough (which I've still got, but which apparently can carry on for a while). In a normal non-pandemic world I've been to work feeling much worse than I did when I had it.

In all likelihood if your PCR is positive
your symptoms will be mild and you will recover quickly.Thank you for posting this Catkins! I needed to read that!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Iwant2bhealthy
29-12-21, 22:07
I’m more worried about my 14 year old unvaccinated son. I am just so scaredI looked at the stats, and in that age group it all looks pretty good. I think your son will be fine rainbow

rainbow
30-12-21, 13:22
I looked at the stats, and in that age group it all looks pretty good. I think your son will be fine rainbow

Thank you, I really hope so

rainbow
30-12-21, 13:24
I’m so scared, I can’t help thinking I am going to be seriously ill. Feel quite sick today and have a constant headache

Iwant2bhealthy
30-12-21, 14:08
I know how you feel... :( I started to feel cold and a little out of breath, and the thought of something serious immediately came up. The reality however is that we are both relatively young, vaccinated and doing otherwise more or less ok. The stats for us are also looking good! Chin up rainbow, you can neat this!

rainbow
30-12-21, 15:47
I know how you feel... :( I started to feel cold and a little out of breath, and the thought of something serious immediately came up. The reality however is that we are both relatively young, vaccinated and doing otherwise more or less ok. The stats for us are also looking good! Chin up rainbow, you can neat this!

I’m 55 so not very young unfortunately

Iwant2bhealthy
30-12-21, 15:56
The Dutch divide in groups of above 60, and below 60. So in our group the statistics are still good. But of course I can understand your concern.

How do you feel btw? What grade would you give your anxiety on a scale from 1 to 10?

rainbow
30-12-21, 16:01
The Dutch divide in groups of above 60, and below 60. So in our group the statistics are still good. But of course I can understand your concern.

How do you feel btw? What grade would you give your anxiety on a scale from 1 to 10?

Sore head and throat, a bit nauseous at times too. Anxiety is about 8 just now. Have you tested positive?

Iwant2bhealthy
30-12-21, 16:30
Glad to hear you don't have any breathing issues. Are you taking any meds? Paracetamol maybe?
I didnt retake the test yet. I am questioning whether I should book it tomorrow or on Saturday.

rainbow
30-12-21, 18:02
I have been feeling a little breathless in the last hour or so but I am under huge stress, my 35 year old son has taken an overdose of insulin and is in hospital, he says he wants to die.

What are your symptoms?

Iwant2bhealthy
30-12-21, 18:45
I'm so sorry rainbow!!! I can't even imagine how you feel right now! :((( Do you have anyone around to hold your hand and give you a hug?

rainbow
31-12-21, 12:34
I'm so sorry rainbow!!! I can't even imagine how you feel right now! :((( Do you have anyone around to hold your hand and give you a hug?

I have my 2 youngest children here, my 14 year old son is autistic and extremely close to me, he loves lots of cuddles and tells me many times a day that he loves me so plenty of hugs here for me. How are you?

Lencoboy
31-12-21, 12:55
I have my 2 youngest children here, my 14 year old son is autistic and extremely close to me, he loves lots of cuddles and tells me many times a day that he loves me so plenty of hugs here for me. How are you?

So sorry to hear this Rainbow.

It's as if many people sadly still seem to consider us Auties to be a hindrance to society and undeserving, especially with the chronic lack of support for us. I certainly often was back when I was your son's age 30 years ago, sometimes even by my own parents, and certainly by staff at school, respite units, etc.

However, my dad certainly regrets a lot of it now, and he (retrospectively) admitted that he was basically pandering to the societal standards of the time, even though he often didn't personally agree with a lot of them.

Iwant2bhealthy
31-12-21, 14:09
Its good you are not alone. I feel bad. The muscle pain and throat psin are now accompanied by headache and fever. My heart is pounding and I'm exhausted.

rainbow
31-12-21, 14:30
Its good you are not alone. I feel bad. The muscle pain and throat psin are now accompanied by headache and fever. My heart is pounding and I'm exhausted.

Have you had a positive test result yet? I keep checking my oxygen levels but it’s causing me more anxiety. I hope you don’t get anymore symptoms. I’m on day 3 now and so scared that I might suddenly get very ill

Carys
31-12-21, 14:33
I keep checking my oxygen levels but it’s causing me more anxiety.

Then you know the answer. You will KNOW if your oxygenation is low by symptoms and how you feel.

rainbow
01-01-22, 10:33
Just got my positive pcr result back today. Still struggling with anxiety quite badly

Iwant2bhealthy
01-01-22, 10:48
Have you had a positive test result yet? I keep checking my oxygen levels but it’s causing me more anxiety. I hope you don’t get anymore symptoms. I’m on day 3 now and so scared that I might suddenly get very ill

I did. It's positive.
I decided not to check my oxygen levels exactly for that reason. I would just feel more anxious.

Yesterday was hard, and the night was really bad, but I started to feel better in the morning. The headache is gone and the fever is down to an acceptable 37,5.

I talked to an acquaintance who is a pulmonologist, and he said that vaccinated people pass the infection way, way easier than non vaccinated. In his hospital he doesn't have a single vaccinated person hospitalized due to Covid. You'll be fine rainbow!

rainbow
02-01-22, 17:13
I did. It's positive.
I decided not to check my oxygen levels exactly for that reason. I would just feel more anxious.

Yesterday was hard, and the night was really bad, but I started to feel better in the morning. The headache is gone and the fever is down to an acceptable 37,5.

I talked to an acquaintance who is a pulmonologist, and he said that vaccinated people pass the infection way, way easier than non vaccinated. In his hospital he doesn't have a single vaccinated person hospitalized due to Covid. You'll be fine rainbow!

Sorry that you got a positive too. How are you feeling today?

Iwant2bhealthy
02-01-22, 18:56
I'm feeling good. Much better than Day 1 of the infection.

Iwant2bhealthy
02-01-22, 18:56
How are you doing rainbow?

fishman65
02-01-22, 19:39
Just to let you guys know I'm thinking of you. Though I'm very confident my thoughts will not be needed, albeit easy for me to say.

rainbow
02-01-22, 19:53
How are you doing rainbow?

Glad you’re feeling better than you were. I’m not too bad but have lost my sense of taste and smell which is horrible. How long do you need to isolate for? I’m in Scotland and we have to isolate for 10 days.

rainbow
02-01-22, 19:54
Just to let you guys know I'm thinking of you. Though I'm very confident my thoughts will not be needed, albeit easy for me to say.

Hi thanks that’s kind of you

Iwant2bhealthy
02-01-22, 21:37
Just to let you guys know I'm thinking of you. Though I'm very confident my thoughts will not be needed, albeit easy for me to say.Thank you fishman! I hope to be done with this soon!

Iwant2bhealthy
02-01-22, 21:52
Glad you’re feeling better than you were. I’m not too bad but have lost my sense of taste and smell which is horrible. How long do you need to isolate for? I’m in Scotland and we have to isolate for 10 days.

I hope that your sense of smell will return soon. Theoretically I need to isolate until at least 7 January but I can leave the house only If I dont have any symptoms for 24 hours. If I still have symptoms I need to wait until they are all gone + 24h.

I was also told that I don't need to take another test because the virus can stay in the hody for up to 8 weeks but without symptoms I will not be a danger to others. Is it the same in Scotland?