PDA

View Full Version : Thumb infection???

Delilah11
01-01-22, 14:01
I had a splinter go really deep inside my thumb and ive tried to get it out with a safety pin. I went and made a deep slit with it but ive been trying for like half an hour and now my thumb is rock solid and red. It hurts and throbs. Does anyone know why this may be? My thumb looks swollen too and im scared

Delilah11
01-01-22, 14:03
Btw the splinter came from my cats eye i just thought it was some mess but i felt something sharp go deep inside my thumb and i have a cat allergy im scared i will get sick

BlueIris
01-01-22, 14:10
Breathe, Delilah! Your thumb is probably a mess because you've been digging at it for that long. Wash it, put some antiseptic on and put a plaster on it so you can't do any more damage, then leave it be for a couple of days.

Delilah11
01-01-22, 14:15
I dont have any antiseptic actually. Im just so worried everytime i injure myself. I never used to be like this as a child i really didnt care :(

BlueIris
01-01-22, 14:25
In that case, wash it well and cover it up. Our anxieties often change as we grow, don't beat yourself up about it.

Scass
01-01-22, 14:49
I dont have any antiseptic actually. Im just so worried everytime i injure myself. I never used to be like this as a child i really didnt care :(

Make a cup of salt water and dip it in there for a while, it will wash it all out nicely and will be ok soon.

Also, eek that really made me squeal for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delilah11
01-01-22, 15:38
Thank you so much! I will do that before bed as ive already washed it and wrapped in in a plaster.