PDA

View Full Version : Urge to urinate, no infection?

Emilychazza98
01-01-22, 17:14
I’ve had two Utis since November one after the other with bad bladder throbbing. One urine test was very clear infection but the next uti showed no infection but I had the same symptoms.

Since then I’ve had no throbbing or stinging but for the past week or so I’ve had an urge to urinate even after going for a wee!

I’ve been back to the doctors, another negative urine sample/negative thrush swab and bc swab. But they want to send me for an ultrasound to see if my bladder is emptying correctly. But I’ve got to wait 2 months!!

Could this be in my head or an actual problem like another uti or even cystitis. This feeling of needing a wee Constantly is making me so depressed and it’s taking over

Fishmanpa
01-01-22, 17:35
Common anxiety symptom (https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Kidneys_urgency_to_urinate_frequent_urina tion_sudden_urge_to_go_to_the_toilet).

FMP

Emilychazza98
26-02-22, 18:49
Nearly 2 months later and still the same symptoms everyday, like my urethra is irritated everytime after I wee and then up until I actually need a wee.

Still haven’t had my apt for my renal scan. I’ve tried buscopan and oxybutynin and neither worked! It’s not anxiety as I’ve been fine up until I had these urine infections in October/November last year!

Sar89
26-02-22, 22:27
Nearly 2 months later and still the same symptoms everyday, like my urethra is irritated everytime after I wee and then up until I actually need a wee.

Still haven’t had my apt for my renal scan. I’ve tried buscopan and oxybutynin and neither worked! It’s not anxiety as I’ve been fine up until I had these urine infections in October/November last year!

Hi I get these same symptoms ever since I had a terrible bout of cystitis in 2012 my theory is my uretha is scarred from it… it was really bad I was in turkey and the doctor tried to tell me it could be appendicitis And wanted to open me up, I bought some antibiotics and viola. I wouldn’t worry to much. Can also be anxiety symptom also.

Emilychazza98
01-03-22, 18:44
I think something is wrong with my urethra as I’ve never been able to see it before but now it’s like a purple hole, and I’ve got a couple of skin coloured bumps underneath it. But the doctors won’t see me for an appointment!