PDA

View Full Version : Concussion Worry

Lizzy84
01-01-22, 20:49
Hello! Two days ago, I was in the bottom drawer of my 6-year-old’s dresser. My daughter forcefully opened a drawer two above the one I was in and hit me hard on the top of my head. The drawer is on a slider, so she pulled it hard, and it comes out all the way. It hurt for a minute and really surprised me. I don’t have a bump or soreness where I was hit, nor did I get a headache. However, I’ve been feeling off and slightly dizzy, but I’m not sure if those feelings are due to anxiety around thinking this may be a concussion or if I am experiencing symptoms of a brain injury. I do have health anxiety around this very topic (brain injury/concussion), so my question is … if you got hit hard in the head with a 17 pound/7.7 kilogram dresser drawer (I weighed it, haha), would you be worried about it and go to the doctor? Or am I letting my anxiety get the best of me? It’s so hard for me to gauge what could actually give me a concussion. Thank you!

Lizzy84
02-01-22, 13:07
Concussion Worry
Hello! Two days ago, I was in the bottom drawer of my 6-year-old’s dresser. My daughter forcefully opened a drawer two above the one I was in and hit me hard on the top of my head. The drawer is on a slider, so she pulled it hard, and it comes out all the way. It hurt for a minute and really surprised me. I don’t have a bump or soreness where I was hit, nor did I get a headache. However, I’ve been feeling off and slightly dizzy, but I’m not sure if those feelings are due to anxiety around thinking this may be a concussion or if I am experiencing symptoms of a brain injury. I do have health anxiety around this very topic (brain injury/concussion), so my question is … if you got hit hard in the head with a 17 pound/7.7 kilogram dresser drawer (I weighed it, haha), would you be worried about it and go to the doctor? Or am I letting my anxiety get the best of me? It’s so hard for me to gauge what could actually give me a concussion. Thank you!

nomorepanic
02-01-22, 13:16
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

glassgirlw
03-01-22, 00:20
If the injury was two days ago, and your only symptom is slightly off and dizzy, I’m not sure I would be concerned honestly. You have no nausea, bump, headache, etc. I’m not a doctor of course - but there are days I’m slightly dizzy without getting hit on the head lol. For me that’s a classic anxiety symptom.

Pamplemousse
03-01-22, 10:26
I think you'll be OK - last time I took a blow to the head it was an old-fashioned tape recorder (the sort with open reels of tape) that fell from about a yard higher than my head in my storage unit and it weighed about the same. That made me dizzy and feel off-kilter for a few days, I had a huge bump on my head but no concussion.