PDA

View Full Version : Close contact tested positive Covid

smogie
01-01-22, 22:54
Was at a family get together last night everyone had been testing beforehand and all negative then today one of the party was feeling unwell and has tested positive now I am panicking really bad I’m also worried about my dad for whom I am his mss as in carer as he is very vulnerable I’ve tested negative tonight but might be too early? Anxiety is spiralling 😢

smogie
01-01-22, 23:05
Was at a family get together last night everyone had been testing beforehand and all negative then today one of the party was feeling unwell and has tested positive now I am panicking really bad I’m also worried about my dad for whom I am his mss as in carer as he is very vulnerable I’ve tested negative tonight but might be too early? Anxiety is spiralling 😢

davey2k17
01-01-22, 23:44

I’m in the exact same place as you mate my dad tested positive after we had a night out he’s tested positive and I’m waiting for my PCR after multiple multiple negative lateral flows but just listen to your body you’ll know if you have it it’s hard to explain but you just know I know for a fact that I have it it’s just a formality the PCR I’ll be on day 5 tomorrow after the onset of my first symptom which was a cough and luckily so far it’s been reasonably mild and I haven’t been vaccinated I just feel a bit crappy snd a bit tired but nothing too concerning yet too be honest the panic is the most testing part of this experience so far so I’d really urge you to try you’re best to try snd keep it together and be as positive as possible because the chances are you could have it as this new variant is extremely transmissible they are saying. I hope you get the results you are hoping for and I really hope your father is ok my dad is fit but he’s 70 so I feel what you’re going through right now. I know it sounds really cliche but try and stay as positive as you can mate it really does help the whole process more than you can imagine

Iwant2bhealthy
02-01-22, 02:17
Are you and your dad vaccinated?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

nomorepanic
02-01-22, 12:11
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

JulieJay92
02-01-22, 13:58
shouldnt matter vaccinated or not, can still get it but thats not the isssue here, smogie stay safe and get pcr if unsure and LF are unreliable, i work in care and touch wood despite having it in our setting , i havent and ive been in hospital, worked throughout and been on holiday

smogie
02-01-22, 14:07
Yes we both have had both vaccines and the booster

smogie
02-01-22, 14:11
Been all over today to get some lateral flows but none to be had anywhere I need to be at my dads as he has multiple health problems and recently diagnosed with dementia but am so scared in case I’m infected

smogie
04-01-22, 07:36
Been all over today to get some lateral flows but none to be had anywhere I need to be at my dads as he has multiple health problems and recently diagnosed with dementia but am so scared in case I’m infected

I have gotten up this morning with a sore throat and a little bit of a cough so scared now have no lfts left waiting for some to come my anxiety is soaring

Iwant2bhealthy
04-01-22, 08:43
Yes we both have had both vaccines and the boosterThen rest assured that even IF you, and your dad get it you will very likely be fine!

In the meantime can you do something to help yourself with your anxiety such as talking to a friend or doing something physical?

smogie
04-01-22, 11:36
Then rest assured that even IF you, and your dad get it you will very likely be fine!

In the meantime can you do something to help yourself with your anxiety such as talking to a friend or doing something physical?

I’ve tested negative on a lateral flow but definitely have symptoms that could be Covid so trying hard to control my anxiety but it’s difficult ha e sent a pcr test off today as well

Iwant2bhealthy
04-01-22, 12:01
I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. What do you think could help your anxiety now?

smogie
04-01-22, 15:43
I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. What do you think could help your anxiety now?

For my pcr result to come ASAP then I can make arrangements for someone to look after my dad or resume normal duties if negative but the cough has worsened as the days gone on so think I have it

Pamplemousse
04-01-22, 16:00
For my pcr result to come ASAP then I can make arrangements for someone to look after my dad or resume normal duties if negative but the cough has worsened as the days gone on so think I have it

If you posted your PCR test off in a "NHS Priority" postbox you *should* get your result by the end of tomorrow. You can track it online - when I did mine a few weeks ago, I posted it in the afternoon, it was delivered to the test centre at something like 6.30am the next morning and I got my result at about 9pm later that day.

Iwant2bhealthy
04-01-22, 17:02

These are all outside of your zone of influence. What I meant was to ask you to think specifically about what YOU can DO now to help yourself right now.

smogie
05-01-22, 07:49
Well my lft is positive today so need to just get through it hope my symptoms don’t get any worse at the moment I just feel like I have a bad cold and not let the panic set in trying to sort out some care for my dad