PDA

View Full Version : Forehead ridge

Twisted-Melody
02-01-22, 16:59
Hey, I’m here again. Recently my health anxiety has been quite high (I’ve had several teeth break, dentist visits and tinnitus issues) and just as new year starts I found something new… I have a line/ ridge across my forehead (horizontally, nearer the hairline than my brow) and I can’t stop obsessing about it. It’s mostly unnoticeable, but when light catches it a certain way, the shadow is very stark… I look like I have had a lobotomy :(

I looked back at photos of myself and it’s difficult to tell when i first had this. It’s clear in photos from 2 years ago, but before then I had a fringe so can’t clearly see. Now my hair is short and my forehead is very open. I did find one unclear photo from 15 years ago and it looks like the ridge was there too, but difficult to tell. Maybe my head has always been this shape and I’ve just noticed it now because I am obsessing over my jaw, teeth and general bone health? I can’t stop looking in the mirror though and thinking it looks really bad >_< I feel very ugly which is something I’ve never really cared too much about. I’m thinking of having a fringe again to hide it, but honestly worried there is something wrong with my bones and I’m a crumbling mess! I’m 34F and starting to feel like I’m having a midlife crisis or something :(

nomorepanic
02-01-22, 18:48
Sounds like normal aging to me and we all get wrinkles etc over time.

It wouldn't have anything to do with your bones though.