PDA

View Full Version : Just a little Reassurance anyone ? ( Cipralex)

soggypops
19-11-07, 10:01
Hi everyone

To cut a long story short ive been on 5mg of Cipralex for 6 weeks then put on 10mg for the past week and i feel terrible. Im trying to convince my self its just side effects but then the other me says ive got abrain tumour or something ?

Ive had nothing but headaches and fuzzy head , i feel really tired and spaced out and have no concentration and my arms feel week and sometimes i get tingles in my fingers. Is this normal ?????

I didnt feel this bad on 5mg ! Shall i go back down to 5 or carry on ? I keep thinking there something really wrong with me .

Please tell me if you have ever felt like this. I need a little reassurance.:ohmy:

Elly
xx:weep:

joannap
19-11-07, 10:20
if you have felt terrible since upping the meds then its def side effects. i would carry on - i felt horrendous the first 2 weeks of taking citalopram and had all the symptoms you mention apart from tingling fingers/weak arms. this could be a side effect or you could be breathing too shallowly when feeling anxious - this causes tingling and muscle weakness. x

soggypops
19-11-07, 18:31
Hi joan

Its a nightmmare ive had this headache all day in my eyes and ears and i feel like im drunk.!! I will carryon taking tablets and hope it does not last much longer??
Thankyou so much for your kind words it really helps

Hugs to all that need one:hugs:

Elly
xx

mad4it
20-11-07, 01:06
Hi
The symptoms you are experiencing sound like some of symptoms i suffered due to my panic attacks. I spent 5 yrs feeling like i was drunk. I had constant headaches too. Think you may need to go back to the docs and discuss your symptoms.

absb41
20-11-07, 18:34
Hi

I know how dreadful these tablets can make you feel - I went straight onto 10mg and could'nt sit down for two days as I was pacing so much and living on adrenalin and the side effects of these tablets.

Managed to stay like that for six weeks until Dr upped by dose to 20mg a day been on this for just two months now and am amazed how much better I feel - still have good and bad days but am able to deal with these much better and see things in the right perspective!!!

Please look at my previous posts and it will give you an idea of how I was.

Like most things if you feel your meds are making you feel too bad go back to GP. I was willing to put up with the side effects as I knew they were getting into my system and didnt want to begin something new and be back in my original state but at times even on the tabs it didnt feel like things were any better. Gradual improvements is what you'll notice - hope this helps!!