PDA

View Full Version : Should I be concerned about breathing in baby powder with talc?

Ryank65
04-01-22, 01:04
I知 27 year old male. When I was 22 I used baby powder to make my room smell good for about 5 months. I have read about talc being in baby powder and possible asbestos in the talc. I used to live, breathe, and sleep in that room with baby powder floating around for months.

I知 worried I知 going to get cancer down the road from just trying to make my room smell good. Should I be concerned? Is baby powder that bad for you? Am I screwed?

Pamplemousse
04-01-22, 16:59
I知 27 year old male. When I was 22 I used baby powder to make my room smell good for about 5 months. I have read about talc being in baby powder and possible asbestos in the talc. I used to live, breathe, and sleep in that room with baby powder floating around for months.

I知 worried I知 going to get cancer down the road from just trying to make my room smell good. Should I be concerned? Is baby powder that bad for you? Am I screwed?

My mother-in-law has used talcum powder after a bath/shower for as long as I can remember (actually, it's forty years this year) - and she uses lots of it. I've had to grab handfuls of damp, caked powder from extractor fans in the bathroom when they've blocked, hoover it out of computers, you name it. It settles everywhere.

I should also mention that she's in fine health and 85!

ErinKC
04-01-22, 19:24
Many baby powders have removed talc, so there's a good chance yours didn't even have it. It's been replaced in many cases with corn starch.