PDA

View Full Version : Gah my eating/gulping thing is back

cher1981
19-11-07, 12:24
I had this a little over a year ago and now its back and really doing my head in. Everytime i eat, i keep having to yawn/do big breaths and am getting panicky. Ive had a really stressful couple of weeks and have lots of christmas meals coming up which of course im starting to panic about having a panic attack at :wacko:

I just want it to stop :( I try to relax my body and just eat and distract myself but ive got it in my head now, gah.

darkangel
19-11-07, 13:25
Hi Cher

Just wanted to say that Ive had episodes of this too recently and its horrible.
Anxiety is a bit like if something happens once we expect it to happen each time again. And rest assured it does hunni. You are so right when you said "ive got it in my head now".
So we get ourselves into a habit of expecting it to happen and we are already tensed before the first bite enters our mouth.
So how do we stop this: OK, try and relax before eating and whilst eating, put little amounts in and chew,chew, chew. Focus on how it tastes, the texture and say to yourself how much you are enjoying it. Maybe put some relaxing music on and take your time to eat.

Tell yourself that it vanished last year and it will do again, just let it pass.

Darkangel :flowers: