PDA

View Full Version : Worried About Super Infection or Rebound Illness

Ame_Anxiety
07-01-22, 17:51
I came down with a cough on 12/21 which quickly turned into a three day fever, body aches, chills, sore throat, and congestion. I ended up in urgent care on Christmas Eve and was given a zpack and steroids. Last night the cough started again. It now feels like my throat is tight and irritated and tickly. I took my temp this morning and it’s 97.9 so no fever but I’m very worried that I relapsed because I had to go back to work like 10 days after my symptoms started and I got back into the gym. I also did some googling and it’s bringing up super bug and that is making me panic. I’m scared my throat will close or it’ll get hard to breathe or what if I had the flu and now somehow got covid. My mind is just racing.

AnxietySufferer
07-01-22, 20:42
I know that it is much much much easier said than done, but please try to relax. It is normal for your breathing to feel a bit funny if you are feeling anxious. You are being very hard on yourself. Your body is still recovering, that doesnt mean its a super bug. However, a three day fever, body aches, chills, sore throat, and congestion are all common symptoms of the flu. Something which is much more common. If the doctors were concerned with anything else they would have said so when you went to urgent care. Coughs are one of the last symptoms to go. After having covid i know people that were still coughing for weeks after.