PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get red spots in eye?

Munchlet
08-01-22, 16:34
So I seem to have a weak blood vessel in one of my eyes which pops every now and then and everytime it does it sends me into a panic!

Last time it happened I had an eye test and they said everything looked fine and couldn't really see why it happened. I stupidly had googled and read that it can be a symptom of myeloma or amoloyidosis so needless to say went off down that rabbit hole for a while. In the end I called my Dr and she actually giggled and said it's a weak vessel and once it goes once it does tend to reoccur but to try and reassure me she did blood tests including clotting.

The reason for the post is it's happened again today and it just looks so unsightly this little trail of blood in one eye, always in the same area!

Just wondered if anyone else suffers from this and if anyone knows can you have blood vessels in your eyes cauterised? I know they do it for nosebleeds but then I guess there's a lot more blood involved in those!

SG1977
08-01-22, 18:21
I dont suffer from it but my friend does... it happened to him once after he had too much alcohol and needed to pray to the porcelain god... the pressure of him spewing made it pop but it can be brought on by sneezing fits too.

Munchlet
08-01-22, 19:03
Thanks SG1977,

Has you friend had it more than once? I keep reading if it happens more than once you should get it checked out but the optician and GP weren't concerned and I had full bloods done.

It happened today after the Gym which is a first but it's usually in the Summer when my hayfever plays up and my eyes are dry/irritated. Just wish there was a cure as it looks horrible.

SG1977
08-01-22, 19:38
Yeah its happened to him quite a few times... we make a bit of a joke of it saying that he has been spewing again. It just looks like a little blood clot thats hangs about for a few days before disappearing. It doesnt bother him in the slightest... I would listen to your GP and optician. :)

Munchlet
08-01-22, 19:46
Thanks SG1977, it's nice to know it's not just me that gets an alien eye on and off!

Yeah, I'm due an optician appointment soon so might ask them to have a look at the offending vessel and see if they can recommend anything.