PDA

View Full Version : Colonoscopy tomorrow ... anxiety through the roof

jillybean
12-01-22, 10:04
Hi
am going in for a colonoscopy tomorrow....😬 Can’t tell you how nervous I am! Just had brekky which I struggled to get down due to anxiety, (normally eat like a horse!) but I can’t eat any more solids till after the procedure so I forced it down! Due to start prep around 5pm.. Dreading all of it, just wish it was lunchtime tomorrow! Has anyone any reassurances for me please? No horror stories please I couldn’t cope 😭 I’m having this done due to a few tummy issues over the last 18 months, CT scan revealed signs of diverticulosis, a scope was arranged but I cancelled(how I wish I’d gone then!) So here I am again, kinda knew I’d have to do it eventually.
Thanks in advance
Jillybean 😘

Fishmanpa
12-01-22, 12:48
The worst part is the cleansing... They'll give you the good drugs prior and you won't feel or remember a thing ;)

FMP

jillybean
12-01-22, 13:49
Thanks for your reply! Sadly part of my anxiety lies with medication also... ! In the UK you can have a sedative or just entonox, I’m hoping to manage with just the entonox.... but well we’ll see! A control thing I think ��

behappy
12-01-22, 14:07
I have mine next week. Hope all goes well. The procedure itself is not that bad but the days prior do suck for us anxiety folks

jillybean
12-01-22, 14:42
Hi
thank you for your reassurance, hearing from people who’ve been through it before does help! I’m isolating for the 3 days prior (as is the hospitals policy during covid), can’t tell you how much I wish I was at work being busy! I feel I’ve been shut inside and told ‘Sit in that room and wait for 3 days!’ Obviously there’s stuff I can get on with but the anxiety doesn’t let me, I did go for a walk actually yesterday, I was crawling the walls! And sleep is ok but then... bang! It’s back when you wake. Covids certainly done a number on plenty of people. Hope your procedure goes well too, if it was sprung upon us I’m sure we’d cope better! ��

jillybean
12-01-22, 16:44
Just started the prep..... revolting!!! ��

behappy
13-01-22, 19:29
ahah it really is.

Hope all went well.

jillybean
21-01-22, 09:42
Hi
all went well with the procedure, anyone facing this please know that it’s totally doable! I opted for just entonox, no sedation and was able to go home within the hour. The anxiety I felt leading up to this was excruciating, all fed by the unknown and imagination. The bowel prep was the worst part by far! Thanks all :yesyes::hugs:
Jillybean

behappy
21-01-22, 16:08
Glad to hear! Yay.

I was suppose to have mine yesterday but then Wednesday was not feeling great, took a covid test and low and behold, positive so now its scheduled for the 8th of Feb.

unsure_about_this
23-01-22, 14:11
I had a sigmoidoscopy years ago and the prep was awful.