PDA

View Full Version : Armpit swelling possibly

Laura1987
16-01-22, 15:52
Hi

So I’m in a lot of anxiety lately. I had some pain in my right armpit before Christmas. It’s eased a lot but never went away. I can’t feel any lymph nodes I don’t think but there is def a different between my two armpits. The right is definitely bigger swollen. It’s towards the back of my armpit and I can only see it when my arm is stretched. It feels like it’s over my armpit bone. I think it’s been there a while but I’m so anxious i can’t remember. Im cant find any info of people having something like this. I’ve lost some wait so I don’t think it could be fat and it’s too far back to be breast issues. Any ideas

thanks

Carys
16-01-22, 16:50
HI Laura, was it after your vaccination/s ?

Laura1987
16-01-22, 16:52
No i haven’t had my vaccine yet.

Carys
16-01-22, 17:52
There are plenty of muscles and soft tissue that could be hurt, and take a while to get better.

Laura1987
16-01-22, 18:43
It’s kidna over the bone and it just feels a bit fatter I guess arms arent exactly the same. I’ve lost some weight on purpose so it could just be the right arm is s little fatter. I can’t feel anything when my arm isn’t stretched up. I’m just very worried

Carys
16-01-22, 19:34
You don't need to be very worried. The human body isn't symmetrical, you are right, and to be honest pains and sprains happen all the time. You can expect 'wear and tear' to become more of an issue the older you get ;) You will find that there was something you did with your right arm - reaching up or repetitive - and the fact its already got much better in 2 weeks is a sign that it will recover.

Fishmanpa
16-01-22, 19:39
Why are you poking and prodding? Surely that is why one side feels different?

FMP

Laura1987
17-01-22, 08:05
I came to a and e for another reason and I asked the dr to look at my arm. He thinks it’s benign but I have to contact my gp to get an ultra sound. I’m so scared.

Carys
17-01-22, 09:18
You went to A and E last night ???

Laura1987
17-01-22, 15:08
You went to A and E last night ???

yes but for another reason.

Laura1987
17-01-22, 15:11
The an and e dr and the gp both looked at the swelling. They said it’s probably fat or i think she called lipedema. Still advised a few ultra sound but in the less urgent process.