PDA

View Full Version : Only seem to get panic attacks while I'm happy or enjoying myself?

sunbun
17-01-22, 00:51
My panic attacks only seem to happen at the worst times, like when I'm socializing, out with family or a friend or at an occasion when I should be happy. Holidays or sleeping over at friends houses are the worst, I always have a panic attack when at a different location where I'm supposed to be relaxing. I can't be anywhere rural or far from a hospital or I freak out. Even when I'm just relaxing and doing a hobby I like I'll get an attack with chest pain and freak out and feel like I need to get to the hospital. It's like the more I try to suppress my anxiety the worse it gets. Anyone else experience this?

glassgirlw
17-01-22, 01:06
For me it’s been less about suppressing the anxiety, and more about accepting it. I know what it is, know that it’s harmless, and know it will pass. This usually makes the attacks less severe and they pass by much quicker. Not to say this is easy or always successful. It’s a constant work in progress, but I just keep working at it.