PDA

View Full Version : HA breast relapse

Victoria84
17-01-22, 10:01
Hi, I posted a few months ago about a stain I found on one side of my pyjama top, right where the nipple would be, it looked like a blob of water but it never dried so I immediately assumed my nipple was leaking. I monitored and found nothing until now, 8 months later, when it's just happened again, I've found another patch on my top. It's less than 1 cm circle, I've made a doc appointment because I'm in a panic. I've squeezed and squeezed my breast/nipple and I cant get anything to come out. I cant feel any lumps, no redness or dimpling or anything else, I dont know whether its coming from my breast or if I've spilt something and not noticed. I'm just in a massive panic. I had an ultrasound on that breast 14 months ago too as I seem to be obsessed with it.

Victoria84
17-01-22, 10:04
- Also in July last year my GP did a quick breast exam for me as I was in a panic then too about not knowing what to look for. I had full bloods too.

Carys
17-01-22, 11:01
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/nipple-discharge/

Its a one-off (last time was once 8 months ago - thats nothing concerning), and can be very common indeed.

Victoria84
17-01-22, 11:14
Thank you Carys, I think the anxiety has been triggered by a work colleague telling me about how her daughter has been diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer only two years older than me at nearly 39. I'm 37, I was doing really well until that, I was staying away from Everthing that sparked things off again, had a lovely Xmas, until I was more or less trapped in the loo's with her, her husband has cancer and she has had it too, I couldn't leave as I was being nice and listening to her etc and couldn't just walk off and be ignorant even though I knew this would trigger my brain.

Victoria84
17-01-22, 11:16
Doesn't help when the lady I work with also had pagets disease of the breast too when she was 38.

Carys
17-01-22, 12:08
Easy to see how that could be a trigger, but there certainly would be other many symptoms visually and physically showing after 8 months.

Victoria84
17-01-22, 12:26
I know you're right, I read posts on here and you can see how people's thoughts go from 0-100 within minutes but when you're in the midst of it you can't see it at all and things are very real. If only I hadn't have needed a wee at that moment I wouldn't have heard the triggering info, except I can't ignore people and I cant stop going to the loo at work! I've been so well for 7/8 months, I feel so cross with myself I've let it take over.

JulieJay92
17-01-22, 13:03
i also would suggest the CBT counselling thread on here, im just going onto workbook 3 after 1 week and i can see a tremendous difference in my health anxiety xx

Victoria84
17-01-22, 13:09
I've tried actual CBT twice before and found it hard work to understand and use but I may give it a try, maybe doing it in my own home may help. It's very difficult to separate real symptoms that need to be looked at and your mind taking it too far though x

Victoria84
17-01-22, 13:25
I'm now sleeping in a light grey coloured crop top and wearing it throughout the day as I obsessively monitor anything that may or may not come out of my nipple

Victoria84
18-01-22, 09:33
No message from the doctors with an appointment yet so I'm still in mild constant panic mode. My brain is so foggy, I'm sat at work and I've no idea what I'm doing.

Victoria84
18-01-22, 12:09
Got a doctors appointment this afternoon, even more nervous now

JulieJay92
18-01-22, 13:15
I've tried actual CBT twice before and found it hard work to understand and use but I may give it a try, maybe doing it in my own home may help. It's very difficult to separate real symptoms that need to be looked at and your mind taking it too far though x

yes deffinately do it, i started last week as recommendation from a real life counsellor and said it would be better for health anxiety and in now just over a week doing it at home when i can, short bits at a time has seemed to help so far, cannot wait to be off work from tommorrow for 4 days to read and learn more

Victoria84
18-01-22, 13:56
I've downloaded all the sessions all ready to read, I've got the doctors this afternoon and I'm petrified

Victoria84
18-01-22, 14:52
Appointment is in 3/4 hour and I'm petrified she's going to find a lump or something or send me to the breast clinic, again. I've already been twice in the past 3 and a half years. Im so tired of all this.