PDA

View Full Version : Rabies fears (non bite exposure?)

Outcast99
19-01-22, 05:06
Overreaction? You tell me. I'll make this as brief as possible. Was working outside around some vineyards for this family I know. They have 3 large dogs, all whom are vaccinated. One-day, they were playing around the vineyard and came across a coyote in which they chased it around and I'm not really sure if they made physical contact with it. My concern is that what if the coyote had rabies, and that somehow some saliva got onto one of the dogs. Specifically, one of the 3 dogs was sniffing at a pair of my glasses I had left nearby. So what I'm freaking out about is that I'm afraid, that dog got some saliva or something off the coyote and onto my glasses. I've been having somewhat of headaches ever since, I've been feeling a little under the weather. It's been about a week & a half as of this post. This sounds really over the top but I can't seem to shake this off.

Outcast99
19-01-22, 23:13
Also I wanna say, I did get the post exposure shots back in mid 2020 due to a German shepherd bite. Fortunately though found out the dog was vaccinated and was clean. Would shots/vaccine still be affective? Been having flu like symptoms, body aches, sore throat, head pain. Etc.

Fishmanpa
20-01-22, 00:30
Overreaction? You tell me.

Yes.

This sounds really over the top....

It is.

FMP

.Poppy.
20-01-22, 01:26
On the off chance you were exposed in that scenario (your odds of winning powerball are higher), you are still protected by the vaccine. Rabies vaccines last years. I have coworkers who are vaccinated for work, they don’t get boosters, they get titer tested because the vax lasts so long boosters within 5 years or so aren’t necessary.

Outcast99
20-01-22, 15:09
Yes.

It is.

FMP

It does sound ridiculous, I admit that. I wouldn't be so worried if it weren't for these flu symptoms.

Outcast99
20-01-22, 15:16
On the off chance you were exposed in that scenario (your odds of winning powerball are higher), you are still protected by the vaccine. Rabies vaccines last years. I have coworkers who are vaccinated for work, they don’t get boosters, they get titer tested because the vax lasts so long boosters within 5 years or so aren’t necessary.

I appreciate the feedback. Like I said, it's just the random onset of symptoms that recently came onto me. I basically feel as if I'm ill with the flu. Which is more logical reason I know. Also, from what I've heard Rabies usually dies within seconds of not being in a host.

Outcast99
10-02-22, 00:52

Any way I can PM you poppy??