PDA

View Full Version : Covid / Headache / Racing Heart

LittleLionMan
22-01-22, 03:21
Hi all, I have myself in a bit of a pickle here, and am hoping writing it out clears it up for me.

I have been rough for a couple of days, and tested positive for Covid this morning. I’ve been ill during today, but largely nothing too bad.

I went to get ready for bed, and everything suddenly ached. I went downstairs for a cigarette, and every muscle was sore and weak to a point where I struggled to walk. I went back upstairs, and went for a red hot shower, trying to relieve it all before I tried to sleep. I got out of the shower and instantly went faint, which I assumed was because I had it too hot. From the minute I go out of the shower, my heart started racing, and had just gradually got worse over the last 5 hours (it’s 3am here now), along with intense muscle aches, and a splitting headache. I just went for a cigarette to see if a wander outside would help, and it was 170bpm. Racing heart doesn’t normally bother me, but this is, because of Covid, and the accompanying muscle aches / headache.

I don’t know if the Covid is causing it, and I should be terribly worried and go to A and E, or if it’s anxiety and it’s because I’m worrying.

What a situation, hey. I’m bloody terrified.

BlueIris
22-01-22, 07:30
Being a bad friend here, Phil, and I'm sorry, but please just go to the damned hospital. You're not vaccinated, you're at higher risk, and I'm genuinely afraid for you right now.

pulisa
22-01-22, 07:54
I would certainly call NHS 111 for advice before you go to A&E, Phil. It could well be anxiety but you need to be assessed and delaying making this decision isn't a good idea.

Please keep posting on here and let us know how things are?

BlueIris
22-01-22, 07:58
111 have already advised him to go to a treatment centre, Pulisa. I feel bad for bringing conversations from elsewhere into this, but I'd feel so much worse if something happened to him.

pulisa
22-01-22, 07:59
Also, take paracetamol for the muscle aches and headache? That will help with the pain.

pulisa
22-01-22, 08:01
111 have already advised him to go to a treatment centre, Pulisa. I feel bad for bringing conversations from elsewhere into this, but I'd feel so much worse if something happened to him.

Of course..Come on Phil..You need to be really brave and go and get medically assessed.

LittleLionMan
22-01-22, 08:50
Hi both, thanks for the concern.

I am going to keep an eye on it. I honestly think the heart rate is anxiety. I’m sat where I was this morning, when it was 170, and it’s 134 now.

It’s not racing quite like it was. It’s the headache that’s excruciating though, honestly never had a headache like it.

BlueIris
22-01-22, 08:52
That in itself is reason enough to visit A&E. I've done way too much reading up due to my history of migraines, and you're always told that if a headache is different and/or worse than your usual ones, get it checked.

LittleLionMan
22-01-22, 09:04
I know, but I have Covid, so I know what’s causing it, it’s just incredibly painful. I’m going to take a paracetamol in a minute. If the headache eases, I think I’ll be able to bear it. I’m just worried what’s coming next.

I don’t understand how a show made it worse. An hour before that, I was playing snooker with my nephew, feeling OK. Had the shower and all hell broke loose.

* I haven’t taken so much as a paracetamol in about 4 years, so even doing that is worrying me.

BlueIris
22-01-22, 09:06
Please find it in yourself to go get checked.

LittleLionMan
22-01-22, 09:07
The place they want me to go is 25 miles away.

I simply can’t do it, especially in this state.

LittleLionMan
22-01-22, 10:09
What I will say, is anyone who hasn’t had their jabs, bloody get them in you. I’m regretting not getting mine, big time! It’s a bloody rough virus!

Scissel
22-01-22, 17:12
I'm also very concerned, Phil. You want to be around for your nephew. I understand being afraid of the hospital so I know that well.

LittleLionMan
22-01-22, 17:51

To put your minds at ease, and show I’m not being daft, my heart rate has come down throughout the day. It’s around 110 now when I’m lying down.
It’s just a piercing headache, muscle aches and extreme dizziness now.

I’m just hoping if I can sleep better, then maybe I’ll feel better tomorrow.

What I don’t understand is that I was OK-ish until I had a shower. I’m wondering if the shower was too hot, I went all lightheaded with a racing heart, and then I got anxious about it.

.Poppy.
22-01-22, 19:54
I’ve seen on TikTok that a lot of people with covid have had trouble showering, maybe because of exhaustion? I know several said they felt close to passing out while taking a shower.

Please take it easy and keep your doctor informed. And feel better.

LittleLionMan
22-01-22, 20:21
Really? That’s interesting.

It was just totally different before the shower and after it. I was coping fine before.

pulisa
23-01-22, 08:20
Maybe just lay off the hot showers for a few days, Phil? Hope you had a better night's sleep? You must be really pleased about Stevie G's appointment!

LittleLionMan
23-01-22, 10:04
Maybe just lay off the hot showers for a few days, Phil? Hope you had a better night's sleep? You must be really pleased about Stevie G's appointment!
I’m never having a shower again! Everyone will just have to deal with me smelly! Haha!

I slept far better thanks. Still feel dreadful. I am struggling to stand up with the dizziness, and the muscle aches and headache are hard to handle.

It’s going well. With some exciting signings through the door too, we are in a good place.

LittleLionMan
23-01-22, 10:53
How’s things with you Pulisa, everyone keeping OK?

pulisa
23-01-22, 13:54
We're all still standing,thanks but it depends what you mean by ok?!:)

I'm sure you must feel ghastly but glad you are managing to sleep at least..Hope the rest of your family aren't ill but it's inevitable that there will be some spread, I suppose..You've probably got plenty of space to isolate though!

Great coup to get Gerrard! I'm hoping that Vieira will be our Messiah!

LittleLionMan
23-01-22, 14:35
Coping, I suppose.

I’ve perked up a little, and I’ve eaten now, so that’s a decent sign. Hopefully I’m over the worst of it.
Yes, my brother had it a couple of weeks ago, and my sister in law and my Mum have it now too. It soon gets around everyone.

The Gerrard appointment is looking like a great move.
Palace are slowly becoming a team I really like, with the flair of Eze, Olise, Edouard… I still can’t stand Zaha though.

pulisa
23-01-22, 14:48
I can't stand him either. Too late to get rid of him now though.

We must make the most of Connor Gallagher!

LittleLionMan
25-01-22, 11:05
I wouldn’t mind Villa looking at Gallagher in the summer if McGinn or Douglas Luiz go. Cracking player.

pulisa
25-01-22, 13:47
I reckon Chelski will want him back but would be great if he wanted to stay with us! Doubt it though.

How are you, Phil? Hope you are feeling better?

LittleLionMan
25-01-22, 14:08
Yeah, they might do.
They have enough attacking midfielders, considering they normally play with 2 6’s.
We are about to sign Bentancur from Juve. We are going for it!

I’m still rough, it comes in waves.
I’m struggling to settle myself too.
Covid x Anxiety = bad times.

pulisa
25-01-22, 14:17
It's a nasty virus which would make anyone anxious. Look after yourself and allow yourself to recover at your own pace..

LittleLionMan
25-01-22, 15:47
Yeah, it’s all weakness and disorientation too, so it plays straight into my anxiety wheel house.
It’ll pass.

Catkins
25-01-22, 17:37
It will pass, don't be hard on yourself if you feel good one day, then feel worse again the next. It seemed to do that with me.

LittleLionMan
26-01-22, 11:27
It’s odd isn’t it.
I’m just totally floored again at the minute.
I’ve just tested positive again too, and this is day 6, so it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere.

nomorepanic
26-01-22, 12:48
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

pulisa
26-01-22, 12:49
You're not "floored" though. Many people test positive on day 6 so it's not unusual with omicron.

If you keep telling yourself that you're "floored" then you'll just stay stuck in this "floored" cycle.

LittleLionMan
26-01-22, 13:07
Well I get up and about for 20 minutes, and am too tired and weak to keep going, and have to go back to bed, so that’s what I meant by floored. It’s bloody horrible.

pulisa
26-01-22, 14:06
That's covid for you, I'm afraid. It's a horrible virus but it will pass. You're doing the right thing by not fighting the exhaustion.

LittleLionMan
26-01-22, 14:08
I know.

Scissel
26-01-22, 17:46
I hope you will feel stronger each day. Sleep can do wonders.

LittleLionMan
27-01-22, 08:36
I hope you will feel stronger each day. Sleep can do wonders.
I tried getting a bit more sleep last night.
It’s really dragging on, I’m struggling with it big time now.

LittleLionMan
28-01-22, 16:29
Still testing positive, and still rough as a bears bum. Anxiety is really ramping up at times too, think it’s because I can’t really do anything physical, so there’s lots of lounging around.

Scissel
28-01-22, 16:36
Actually, from what I've read, moving around helps, but I know you're weak right now, so lounging around might be as best as you can do. Try to not lay flat too much if possible. Its understandable that your anxiety is high right now.

LittleLionMan
28-01-22, 17:13
I pushed myself quite a bit yesterday.
It was my birthday, so I had a shower and made a bit of an effort, and we had an Italian. Was screwed afterwards. Slept like a baby though, and felt OK for an hour this morning. Now I’m feeling dreadful.

pulisa
28-01-22, 17:53
What a shame that you had a "covid" birthday but maybe you can make up for it later when you are feeling better?

Do you feel that your anxiety symptoms are worse than the covid ones? I suppose it's difficult to separate the 2?

LittleLionMan
28-01-22, 21:58
Yeah, it wasn’t bad actually.
It was just a struggle.
We are having a party when this is over, so will try and enjoy that.

I’ve just been pondering the same thing funny enough… how ill would I feel now if anxiety wasn’t at play at all(?), and I’m not sure really. I just feel knackered and exhausted, and then the anxiety takes over, and it becomes thinking and derealisation. The lack of physical activity has knocked me around anxiety wise, so I’m hoping as the Covid lifts, the anxiety does too.

I’m a little worried about myself to be honest.

pulisa
29-01-22, 08:32
You've had a lot of time to think about yourself though which isn't always helpful with anxiety because then you start fixating on intrusive thoughts.

You're going to feel knackered and exhausted from covid and from anxiety. Maybe trying some gentle walks around your estate would help a bit..Just to get some fresh air and move your muscles again?

No Prem this weekend but there may be some horse racing for you to follow?

LittleLionMan
29-01-22, 09:42
I think that’s what it is. I’ve just been trying to relax (which I can’t do) all whilst spending too much time in my own head. I feel as down as I do anxious.
I’ve got a bit of a plan for after Covid though, so hopefully that’s helps eventually.

Yeah, I will try and get out a bit today. I’ve just done todays test, and I’m still bloody positive.

Plenty of horse racing. I’ve been a nightmare over Covid, coming up with all sorts of ambitions which are wildly out of reach, ordered a new car, all sorts.

Lencoboy
29-01-22, 11:10
I think that’s what it is. I’ve just been trying to relax (which I can’t do) all whilst spending too much time in my own head. I feel as down as I do anxious.
I’ve got a bit of a plan for after Covid though, so hopefully that’s helps eventually.

Yeah, I will try and get out a bit today. I’ve just done todays test, and I’m still bloody positive.

Plenty of horse racing. I’ve been a nightmare over Covid, coming up with all sorts of ambitions which are wildly out of reach, ordered a new car, all sorts.

How long have you been infected for?

I'm sure I've heard/read that the vast majority of Omicron infections only last approximately 4-5 days on average, unless you just happen to be one of the unlucky few.

Or perhaps your Covid might (still) be a late Delta infection?

LittleLionMan
29-01-22, 11:27
I first tested positive last Friday, so been testing positive for 8 days, but I was ill for a couple of days before that.

I’m not sure then really. The symptoms have largely been tiredness, really bad muscle aches and pains, headaches, and extreme fatigue.

I feel pretty low at the minute to be fair, so just trying to plan a few things that might get me out of my way.

Lencoboy
29-01-22, 11:46
I first tested positive last Friday, so been testing positive for 8 days, but I was ill for a couple of days before that.

I’m not sure then really. The symptoms have largely been tiredness, really bad muscle aches and pains, headaches, and extreme fatigue.

I feel pretty low at the minute to be fair, so just trying to plan a few things that might get me out of my way.

Sounds like you may be one of those unlucky few then, that's been infected for longer than average.

Also sounds like it's unlikely to be (late) Delta by now then, but there's still too little known about 'long Covid' with Omicron so far at this stage.

LittleLionMan
29-01-22, 12:23
Yeah, my sister in law was positive for over a week, my Mum is on the same timescale as me, so it’s obviously the variant.

The big one for me when this is over, is going to be sorting myself out mentally, so I can get going again. This rut it’s put me in is worrying me.

pulisa
29-01-22, 13:50
Have you actually ordered a new car?

LittleLionMan
29-01-22, 15:10
Have you actually ordered a new car?
Yeah.

Scissel
29-01-22, 16:05
I hope you will feel better soon and having that party when this IS over sounds nice. For what its worth, been dealing with a bit derealisation lately, too; not fun.

LittleLionMan
29-01-22, 16:13
Thanks. I hope so too.

I hope it’s ok for you. Easily the worst symptom I’ve ever experienced.

* today, in general, is the worst I’ve been for a long time.

Catkins
29-01-22, 17:44
You could cancel the car? Is there a cooling off period?

LittleLionMan
29-01-22, 18:07
You could cancel the car? Is there a cooling off period?
Nah, I want the car.

Might give me some incentive to get out in it.

pulisa
29-01-22, 19:52
Alpha Romeo? Porsche?

I've got a 2001 Peugeot 206 HDI which is a godsend. I dread having to choose its replacement as and when..

How did you choose the new car?

LittleLionMan
31-01-22, 10:12
BMW 320 M Sport. I just went online and you choose what options you want and stuff. I got a 3 series as a courtesy car, and wanted one ever since. It’s also a more ‘grown up’ car than my 2 series. More sensible colours too… my 2 series is white with red leather seats.

They are really reliable aren’t they, my brother has had a 306 for years, and it’s only just starting to play him up now.

pulisa
31-01-22, 13:41
Blimey....Will you actually be able to drive it outside your grounds do you think?

I would never be brave enough to buy a car online!

LittleLionMan
01-02-22, 08:50
I don’t know really, but that’s the plan.
I like cars, and needed a new one, and it would almost be giving up to buy something I wasn’t excited to drive.
A second hand one would be risky buying online, but this is all they do in the showroom with new ones.