PDA

View Full Version : Mid-upper back pain

Rey1989
26-01-22, 10:33
Hello!

It has been a long time since I last posted in this forum. For the mast 2 weeks or so I’ve been waking up 5 hours or so into my sleep with really bad mid-upper back pain. It wakes me up from my sleep.

Theres not much i can do when laying down at this point to make it go away except getting up and moving around. If I move around when laying down the pain can get worse.

I have zero pain during the day or 10-20 mins after getting up. I immediately thought it was my mattress and just last night I slept on a newer mattress we got for our guests and guess what? Horrrible pain woke me up at around 4-5 am…

If it was my mattress sleeping on a new one should have made a difference, right? I mafde the mistake of googling anf of course, could be a sign of tumour, spine degeneration, etc. (Particularly because it waked me up from my sleep)

Anyone has had something similar? Should I be worried about this? Any comments will be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Rey

sheena1946
27-01-22, 11:56
Hi Rey,
look how rare spinal tumours are very rare indeed and mostly benign.Hope this helps you

Rey1989
28-01-22, 20:47
Hi Rey,
look how rare spinal tumours are very rare indeed and mostly benign.Hope this helps you

Thank you for taking the time to answer to my thread!

Still waking up every 3-5 hours after going to sleep in a lot of pain…. Anyone has any tips to help with this? It came out of nowhere and its not letting me get a good night’s rest… im concerned that it is a degenerative thing. Is there any way I could tell if this is muscular as opposed to nerve/disk?

Thanks!

Fishmanpa
28-01-22, 23:05
Is there any way I could tell if this is muscular as opposed to nerve/disk?

I have a lot of upper back pain. Most of it is posture and tension/stress related. If an OTC cream or pain reliever lessens it, even a little bit, its pretty obvious.

FMP

alwaysanxious25
03-04-23, 17:53
Hello, did you figure this out? I am currently having the same symptoms as you and very worried :(

sleepless65
16-04-23, 13:34
Currently had this for months , driving me up the wall, worrying it's serious. It's more like a constant dull ache can't get comfortable. Hope you get to bottom of problem.