PDA

View Full Version : Jekkyll and hyde!

rodney76
19-11-07, 18:11
Hello all, my name is Steve. i'm a 31 year old fun loving geordie with a bad habit of over analysing my own mind. I have had a number of episodes of extreme prolonged anxiety one of which has just struck recently and left me feeling the sort of despair I wouldnt wish on my worst enemy.

I guess I've always been quite a nervous person but my worst anxiety/panic is triggered by relationships where I constantly find myself analysing my partner to the point where I feel like i'm going totally mad. I'm constantly asking myself "is she right for me?" or "do i think the girl over there is prettier/funnier/sexier etc". I know everyone has these thoughts but in my mind they become catastrophic and totally blind me to the lovely, intelligent beautiful person that my girlfriend is/was. I start thinking that if she was right i wouldnt be having these thoughts and eventually i end up making myself ill with all the doubts and over analysis. This leads me to think that i'll never be able to cope with relationships and therefore will never be able to have a family etc etc which just leads into a downward spiral of despair and depression.

I recently finished with a girlfriend of 3 months for precisely the above reasons though i have since explained my reasons and i'm hopeful that we can turn things around if only i can keep the crazy thought loop at bay.

I suppose i'm here to find kindred spirits and messages of hope cos sometimes i hate myself and my utterly beserk thoughts so much i just want to give up completely.

So there's a cheery intro eh?! And there was me saying I was fun loving!!! ha ha!

Big love to all of you out there who are going through the hell that anxiety and panic can bring cos there really isnt a lonelier place in the world than being trapped in the cycle.

groovygranny
19-11-07, 18:42
Hello Rodney:welcome: to you!

Please don't worry - I'm a 17yr old :blush: trapped in the mind of a 53 yr old fun-loving granny and there was a time I thought I was going truly insane!:wacko:

Needless to say I'm as normal as the rest of us - and so are you!

Plenty of help and support here - pleased to meet you! And please, don't give up - never give up.

PS: I hope things can be retrieved and resolved between you and your girl :hugs:

:)

nomorepanic
19-11-07, 18:43
Hi Steve

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

honeybee3939
19-11-07, 18:54
Hi Steve

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Lindalou64
20-11-07, 01:26
HELLO STEVE AND WELCOME I AGREE WITH GRANNY THERE IS HOPE STEVE HANG ONTO THAT.WISH YA WELL.......LINDA

Southern_Belle
20-11-07, 02:59
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the site. You will be surprised at how many here feel like you do and the support you will receive.

Hugs,

Laura

ladygrom
20-11-07, 10:09
hi steve welcome to the site youl get loads of info and support tc elaine xx

Nibbles
20-11-07, 12:05
Hi Steve and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. It really is a lonely cycle as you say but it can be broken and I look forward to seeing you around.

Take care,

Mike :)

Pink Princess
25-11-07, 18:47
http://www.zwani.com/graphics/hello/images/14441.gif

welcome to the site, hope to see you around x

take good care xx

trac67
25-11-07, 19:01
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

kate
25-11-07, 19:37
:welcome:

Kate xxx

Fall Out Boy
25-11-07, 20:09
whassup steve :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: