PDA

View Full Version : Lansoprazole 15mg

Pudding
28-01-22, 18:11
Hello everyone, it's been a long time since I've been here. I have recently lost my husband of 50 years and have just been told that I need another stent in my artery to my heart as it's clogged again so my anxiety is back with a huge bang. I have been put back on a cocktail of pills which is my biggest fear, I just hate drugs. I have to take Clopidigrel, Aspirin, Bisoprolol, Lansoprazole etc etc. It's the Lansoprazole I am concerned about as the leaflet says that dizziness and spinning sensation are common side effects :scared15: my absolute worst fear of all. Does anyone have any experience of this drug who can put my mind at rest please. I'm guessing it's probably used a lot for anxious people as they get IBS etc. Thank you! Pudding.xx

Catkins
29-01-22, 06:57
I'm on lansoprazole. Honestly I've never had any issues with it at all, it's been great for me. I generally take 15mg a day and occasionally up it to 30mg when I go through a phase of increased symptoms - usually as a result of stress/anxiety.

panic_down_under
29-01-22, 08:26
I have recently lost my husband of 50 years

My condolences on your loss, Pudding.

It's the Lansoprazole I am concerned about as the leaflet says that dizziness and spinning sensation are common side effects :scared15: my absolute worst fear of all.

I don't have any personal experience, but if these potential side-effects worries you then ask your GP to prescribe a proton pump inhibitor which doesn't trigger them.

Scissel
29-01-22, 16:01
I'm very sorry for you loss.