PDA

View Full Version : Interview and Anxiety

DebsH
19-11-07, 22:14
Hi.

My hubby, who I've now realised I'm heavily relying on, is away at the moment and I've a job interview on Thursday. I'm not sleeping cos he's away from home and am constantly feeling anxious, especially about my heart racing and getting missed heartbeats which is my main worry (along with many other things!). I've beta blokers but don't like taking them as they affect my heart which is what I worry the most about.

I'm really unhappy in my current job and would love this job but I'm so worried that I want it too much that I'll have a complete melt down and freak and completely blow it.

Any advice on how to tackle this? I'm thinking of withdrawing as it's a training job and maybe I should wait until I'm feeling stronger to change jobs.

Southern_Belle
20-11-07, 03:20
Hi Deb,

First of all if the beta blockers that were prescribed to you for anxiety is not working you might want to go back to your doctor and try something else for your anxiety if you are going the medication route. Therapy or CBT might also be another route either along with meds or without meds.

As for the job interview, it is always good practice to just go and keep up those skills you need in job interviews. Try and relax, after all you have a job! On one hand you say you really would love this job then say you don't think you are strong enough to change jobs. I personally would go do the job interview, then see if you even get the job, and then tackle the decision on whether to take it or not. Either way, good luck and let us know what happens.

I have faith you will do a wonderful interview. :yesyes:

Laura