PDA

View Full Version : post covid anxiety

wavey
01-02-22, 09:53
Hi, just wondered if anyone has felt more anxiety since Covid has cleared up? I feel like I have continued with the anxiety I felt during the time I had Covid.

I became ill in December with the Delta variant, and was really concerned about breathing/lungs. There were lots of poor nights sleep when coughing plus various other symptoms that came and went. I started improving after about 3 weeks and most symptoms had gone by 4 weeks onwards.

However, one of the symptoms that affected me the most was my sinuses - I only lost my taste and smell for about 3 days but my hearing was affected badly. I could only just hear low noises and had to use headphones with the volume up full if talking on the phone or watching TV. The problem was I could hear my heart beat and my breathing. This made me nervous and it was really difficult to ignore it. It made me notice my heart rate it if I went up the stairs. Now 10 weeks since I caught covid, my hearing has improved a lot - probably back to 75%, which is such a relief. However, my sinuses are still affected with feelings of being blocked and I can hear my heart beat more than I could before covid, also tinnitus is noticeable.

I have been experiencing a lot more anxiety since Covid - almost feels like it could partially be PTSD! I feel anxiety when it gets near bedtime (is this subconcious memories of anxiety at night when I was ill), I've not slept very well for a few years but it has got worse since covid - waking up feeling edgy after a couple of hours a few times each night. I feel anxiety if I walk up the stairs because of the awareness of my heartbeat. If I start feeling anxious my breathing changes and affects my sinuses. I can feel adrenaline in my sternum area at the bottom of the ribcage which makes me catch my breath and causes anxiety about breathing. If I think back before covid, none of this was noticeable.

Has anyone noticed increased anxiety caused by experiences they had during covid, and lingering symptoms after?