PDA

View Full Version : swollen neck on one side

behappy
01-02-22, 17:58
The right side of my neck is swollen, it is weird because it seems like it is the muscle that is swollen. I think that I have had that muscle be a little more pronounced for a few years but now its clearly more. I don't think it is a lymph node as its right on the muscle that runs down the neck. I just had covid so I thought maybe its just a raised lymph node but it really does not seem like it.

I might go get it checked out but I have my anual coming up in 3 weeks so maybe I wait till then?

Anyone has had or have something similar?

WorryRaptor
08-02-22, 12:57
Sorry that this has gone by with no reply :(

I just wanted to check in and ask how you're doing now?

behappy
08-02-22, 20:41
hey,

Thank you for replying, I appreciate it, really do.

I went to the doc to get it checked and he felt it and said it is definitely swollen but thinks its a lymph node (he is sure it is) so because I just had covid he wants to give it a few weeks to a month to see if it goes down, if it doesnt then we will do imaging. The thing is I am pretty sure that side has always been a bit more raised than the one on the other side but it was definitely worst. I do think it has gone down a bit. So not resolved yet but hopefully soon.

WorryRaptor
08-02-22, 21:42
Lymph nodes can be a bit stubborn sometimes. I've had one that stayed permanently enlarged after a simple three day virus. Imaging was all fine on that. I guess it just wanted to be dramatic!

It sounds like yours is resolving itself though and glad to hear its gone down a bit :)

behappy
04-03-22, 01:01
Wanted to update that it turned put was a swollen node because of covid, started coming down within a few days and now looks to be back to almost normal.