PDA

View Full Version : Not myself - really struggling

kalny
03-02-22, 07:16
Im having a hard time at the minute and I wanted to get it all out somewhere and talk about it.

I had some big stress about a week ago and it has set me off on this weird anxiety meltdown that is consuming me. (I pricked myself on a pin stuck in a hoover pipe and convinced myself I had tetanus) I've managed to get over that hurdle now but have noticed I really don't feel myself.

There's this deep pangs inside of me like dread and sadness that keep accompanying worrying thoughts. They intrude and get stuck in my head. One in particular is embarrassing and completely impossible yet, despite its impossibility it keeps occurring. I can rationalise and tell myself it can't happen but I can't stop having the anxious sensations associated with it. I feel like I'm going crazy. I usually stop worry when I receive evidence that breaks my obsession but with this thing I can't. It's horrible I just want to cry. I want to get back to being me but I feel 'stuck'.

Can anyone give me some words of wisdom? It's like I try to forget about these things but part of me almost feels guilty for wanting to ignore them, in the weirdest way.

kalny
05-02-22, 15:42
Has anyone experienced this? I'm still going around with it.

Lencoboy
19-02-22, 17:53
I feel the very same right now.