PDA

View Full Version : Vertigo?!

nosrednanagem
05-02-22, 18:13
Hey all. I had a really bad dizzy spell last night before I went to bed. Woke up two hours later super, super dizzy! So I’m going on 12 hours. It has gotten a little better, but still there. Has anyone had vertigo? At what point do you go to the ER because of dizziness?! I almost made my husband take me this morning. Slightly freaking out.

nosrednanagem
05-02-22, 18:56
Okay, I stupidly googled. It’s saying I could’ve had a brain stem stroke?!?! Y’all I’m panicking!!

nomorepanic
05-02-22, 19:05
Don't google lol

nosrednanagem
05-02-22, 20:08
Hey all. I had a really bad dizzy spell last night before I went to bed. Woke up two hours later super, super dizzy! So I’m going on 12 hours. It has gotten a little better, but still there. Has anyone had vertigo? At what point do you go to the ER because of dizziness?! I almost made my husband take me this morning. Slightly freaking out.

I stupidly googled and it said I could’ve had a brain stem stroke! I’m FREAKING out!

pulisa
05-02-22, 21:09
I get episodes of vertigo lasting up to 18 hours. It can be ear -related (displacement of crystals which need to re-settle) and is nothing sinister. It's alarming though and makes you feel very unsafe. It will pass though.

WorryRaptor
05-02-22, 21:11
If you'd had a stroke you'd likely have way more symptoms than just dizziness. Dizziness can have so many more benign causes. Why don't you make an appointment with your doctor to check it out? I get dizziness sometimes from occasional inner ear issues and a tight neck.

nosrednanagem
05-02-22, 21:35
Thank you for your reply! It is definitely alarming, and so uncomfortable! The severe dizziness I feel has passed (knock on wood.) Now I just feel really strange when I walk. Not necessarily dizzy, but weird! Still getting kind of dizzy when looking up and down. Ugh!

nomorepanic
05-02-22, 23:24
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

nosrednanagem
07-02-22, 16:44
I'm going on day three of this dizziness. I just called a doctor and made an appointment for an hour from now. The anxiety of the dizziness, and now going to the doctors is terrible. I'm hoping it's nothing serious, and they are able to help me. Send me good vibes. UGH.

WorryRaptor
07-02-22, 17:20
Sending good vibes your way, and hoping your appointment goes well
:hugs:

nosrednanagem
07-02-22, 23:06
So, that did not go the way I thought it would. I got to urgent care and my BP was 266 over something. I was immediately sent over to the ER. They did blood work, CT scan and EKG. All of which came back normal, thank goodness. They gave me three doses of medicine to bring it down. Before they discharged me, it did go down to 175 over something. I was sent home with blood pressure medication. I’m glad that everything came back good, now I’m terrified that I won’t get my BP down. I’m going to start it first thing in the morning since I do have the medicine they gave me still in my system. Does anyone else have high BP and take meds for it? I’m scared!

WorryRaptor
08-02-22, 09:46
Oh wow, good thing you went in when you did! The great thing is they spotted what was wrong and got you sorted out quickly.

I'm not on BP meds myself, but I know a few people in my family who are, and they do just fine on them. I've never known them have any issues with the meds. I think they go for reviews now and then with their GP to make sure their dose doesn't need changing etc, but other than that, life as normal. If any lifestyle factors contributed to the high blood pressure, they addressed those too.

How are you feeling today? Has the dizziness subsided for you?

nosrednanagem
08-02-22, 14:16
I’m feeling better this morning. Slightly dizzy, but not enough to affect me in any way. I took my first dose last night. Took my BP this morning and it was 199 over something. I’m currently walking. Going to walk for 30 min and check again. I’m hoping the meds and lifestyle change reverses things quickly! I also want to add that I had been drinking beer every single night not quite some time. I did not drink last night, and do not plan on drinking at all in the foreseeable future. I know that alone will help with anxiety.

nosrednanagem
14-02-22, 23:40
Thank you all for the well wishes!! Today is day 8 of no alcohol, and I feel great! I had my doctors appointment today following up from my scary incident last week. My BP was 159/120. My doctor isn’t happy with my bottom number, but he thinks that it’s a result from my anxiety. He prescribed me two kinds of anxiety meds. Lexapro and Buspar. I had tons of questions for him, and he was so so nice. I asked about the LVH and left atrial enlargement. He said they go hand and hand with each other, and should get better as my BP and anxiety go down! On another positive note, I’ve lost 10 lbs in a week! Clean eating, exercising and no more alcohol are doing me good! I’m ready to start taking these meds, and back to a happy healthier me!!

WorryRaptor
21-02-22, 15:34
Thank you all for the well wishes!! Today is day 8 of no alcohol, and I feel great! I had my doctors appointment today following up from my scary incident last week. My BP was 159/120. My doctor isn’t happy with my bottom number, but he thinks that it’s a result from my anxiety. He prescribed me two kinds of anxiety meds. Lexapro and Buspar. I had tons of questions for him, and he was so so nice. I asked about the LVH and left atrial enlargement. He said they go hand and hand with each other, and should get better as my BP and anxiety go down! On another positive note, I’ve lost 10 lbs in a week! Clean eating, exercising and no more alcohol are doing me good! I’m ready to start taking these meds, and back to a happy healthier me!!

Delighted to hear you're on the right track with things!
Congratulations on the weight loss, that's fantastic! :yahoo:

Do keep us updated :)