PDA

View Full Version : Partially popped small blood blister on finger. Is this serious?

THoltz
06-02-22, 17:01
Hello everyone,

So I have a small blood blister on my finger from a cut and I noticed that it was partially bleeding this morning. It has stopped for now but I am freaking out because I read that it is never good for a blood blister to pop.

I have a band-aid over it now and it has stopped bleeding.

Will I be ok?

nomorepanic
06-02-22, 17:23
I don't think anyone has ever got seriously ill from a blister to be fair.

You do need to start working through these things yourself though and rationalising it.

THoltz
06-02-22, 18:13
I don't think anyone has ever got seriously ill from a blister to be fair.

You do need to start working through these things yourself though and rationalising it.

I read that popping a blood blister can lead to infection. Potentially serious infections. But I guess that is for larger blister.

nomorepanic
06-02-22, 18:50
If you google anything it will result in death to be fair.

Carys
06-02-22, 20:54
Ha ha ! So true.

A little blood blister that you have popped and put a plaster on - serious infection ? Come onnnnnn, lets do that rationalising stuff -

How many people each and every day have this happen, a weeny popped blood blister ? how many have you EVER heard of develop a serious infection ? I challenge you to think of one, ever, now or in the future. You'd have to burst it by sticking in a rusty nail covered in as many germs as you could gather and stab it in a long way, to even POSSIBLY get an infection. Even then the human body can fight an infection.

We are evolved to deal with minor infections - we can deal with them with our immune system, if we couldn't just touching anything anywhere would results in illness. A blood blister is no different to a tiny cut, let it dry out and scab over and that'll be it. Is it serious ? Entirely NOT, its incredibly minor, infact practically nothing.