PDA

View Full Version : Phonophobia

Cathy56
06-02-22, 18:14
I recently moved house into a new area. I have always had a problem with noise people yelling or screaming children in gardens or others dogs barking. Now I have moved my anxiety is going into overdrive. I never realised how noisy a country lane could be. I have Lorries going past a couple every hour and I just cant function. I spend my days crying and shaking with fear over the noise. I feel sick and shaky and am starting to have panic attacks.Has anyone else got or had a problem like this. My family dont get it as they say what a lovely house and how lucky I am yet I am filled with horror and worry everytime I walk through the front door. Its so bad Im putting the house up for sale but I could move somewhere worse with noisy neighbours which I dont have now. I need help and ways to cope.

venusbluejeans
06-02-22, 18:19
Hiya Cathy56 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and
are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and
support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: