PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else had or get floaters and these symptoms with eyes?

AzorAhai19
07-02-22, 15:16
Hi guys, so I am a glasses wearer for short distance as I useless without glasses for seeing in the distance haha. Anyway, i've always had floaters since my late teens (i'm 33 now) and although they can be annoying, they aren't that much of an issue. I notice they do get worse when anxiety comes about. I'm also overweight and I'm wondering if that could be another issue to do with my eyes. I haven't been to get my eyes tested yet due to covid, so I need to do that. Anyway, I was just wondering, have any of you had or currently do suffer from floaters as well as these tiny worm like things when looking at the sky. Last time I had my eyes checked I was fine, but I do look at a laptop screen quite a lot during the day. I do worry about retina issues or something, so I suppose that's the reason I'm also a little scared to go to the opticians for a more thorough check. They do these advanced eye exams now, so may get one of those. I last had one of those about 5-6 years ago, which they told me my eyes were fine. I'm 33 so obviously I hope I don't have any serious issues with my eyes. I don't know, I just wanted to ask on here to see if you guys had these issues.

Lana
07-02-22, 15:49
Hi there,

I have floaters and little more often now. I was diagnosed with dry eye syndrome, but everything else was normal for my age during a comprehensive eye exam in mid September. I know that my dry eye worsened due to these two horrible years of staring at my lap top while working at home. The pandemic ruined so much for so, so many. I was told to use special prescription dry eye drops for 2 months.

Since you are only 33, the floaters are nothing, and do not be scared at all to go and have a comprehensive eye exam. I believe there is no reason to worry at all. But, it is not good to avoid regular yearly exams due to pandemic, many people did that and health issues get worse because of that. Although - I am not saying that in your case, it truly is probably just dry eyes due to computer staring. Since you are young, you will just have to use high quality OTC drops for dry eyes.

Best of luck!

Sar89
08-02-22, 00:48
I get floaters and wriggly worms that I can see worse in bright light. Oddly enough I have 20/20 vision. They started for me 12 years ago in my first pregnancy (and what a panic they caused when they first exploded into my eyeball 🤣) mine have got worse lately and some headaches ect so I went to optician. She also said my eyes where dry.I used the eye drops I was advised to and it at all gone away really.

kyllikki
08-02-22, 01:15
The Pandemic absolutely broke my eyes, just as Lana has said, so I agree with her: absolutely go get your eyes checked, especially if you already wear glasses!

As far as I understand, the floaters are nothing to worry about unless you suddenly get a suddenly shower of them. And I don't mean one or two, I mean, like, you vision is more floaters than clear vision.

I've had floaters since I was a young child, so mine have never bothered me. In fact I find it amusing when they change around (they evidently sink to the bottom of your eye and are somehow broken down, don't ask me how... then new ones appear, and they're new different fun shapes!)

Think of them as a free bubble display or something.:flowers:

glassgirlw
08-02-22, 01:33
I have them all the time. I also wear glasses/contacts.

Lolalee1
08-02-22, 09:15
I have floaters and they are like little crabs,very annoying especially when I am riding around at night.

Carnation
08-02-22, 11:24
Eye floaters are very common. You can get at any age. With good sight and not so good sight.
I've had them on and off for years. So has my partner and several of my friends.
Nothing to worry about according to my Optician. Or if you must Google, it will say the same.
They seem more prominent when tired or poor lighting and of course anxiety will make you focus on them even more.

Wiredmum
13-04-22, 23:13
I’ve been doing so well then bang out of nowhere I now have a BLACK floater it’s a squiggly long line ! Not spots and I can see it inside outside all the time
Has anyone else got a black floater ? How do you cope ? I have loads of others I can ignore completely they tend to be grey see through small specks but this is just THERE all the time 😭

Fishmanpa
13-04-22, 23:36
7 out of 10 people experience floaters. I have them. 99% of the time I don't notice them. 1% of the time, when I focus on it, I do :shrug:

FMP