PDA

View Full Version : Sudden Stomach Pain

Tmoll
08-02-22, 03:21
Hi everyone,

Last night I felt pretty nauseous prior to dinner and started having some pretty bad stomach pain. I sat for awhile and decided to force myself to eat something, I’ve been diagnosed with Gastroparesis for almost 4 years and sometimes forcing myself to nibble on something has become a normal occurrence for me. About a half hour after I ate, my stomach pain got worse. It felt like someone kicked me in the stomach and the pain would radiate off and on from the top of my stomach to my chest and lower stomach and would fluctuate depending on how I was sitting. Eventually the pain got a little better, but I had a hard time sleeping last night and woke up with some pain this morning.

I previously scheduled an appointment with my Gastro doctor due to some unrelenting heartburn, which is next Monday. I’m on heartburn medicine that usually helps, but recently the heartburn has been constant. I’ve been experiencing the burn in my chest, middle stomach, and my throat. I’ve also had a little bit of pain in my throat and felt like I’ve had food caught in it while eating. Now I was just chalking this up to a heartburn/stress issue and maybe a Gastroparesis flair up, I’ve been under more stress then I’ve ever been in my life (dealing with a recent loss) and I’ve read that stress can make Gastroparesis and acid reflux worse. Tonight I started panicking about it possibly being something more, due to the recent stomach pain. I’ve seen everything from pancreatitis to an aortic aneurysm and now I’ve started freaking myself out, which is making the pain worse.

Thank you,
Taylor