PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck

blackie
20-11-07, 12:39
Hiya all

Just need abit of reasurance. In about 40 mins i have to go for a meeting with a phyciatric nurse at the centre which is about 1/2hrs drive away. I have never been there or met her so am mega nervous. Only 4 weeks ago i couldn't leave the house at all but have been working through gradual exposure. Still i feel terrified of
a) getting there asd its futher away then i have been and you have to go on the motor way
b) the building itself as i have never been there but i know it has buzzers you have to press to be let in or more worryingly ion my case out. (i dont like feeling trapped)
c) of meeting a new person and having to go through everything again. I dont know what questions she will ask or even hopw long the meeting will be.
d) that i have a full blown panic attack there and the aniety wont go away.

Ok, i know i shouldnt imagine the worse but its hard not to. Must stay possitive and focused. Sorry to rant, but i am sitting her in a ball or nerves not sure what to do to pass the time.
Thanks for listning
Blackie

Lindalou64
20-11-07, 12:49
I WISH YOU THE BEST BLACKIE YOU CAN DO IT :) .........LINDA XX

Believe
20-11-07, 12:51
Wishing you lots of luck, you can do this Blackie, just take some deep breaths, and don't think about it, just go hun.

sleepylea
Hi Blackie,

I know I dont know you but I would love to give you some reassurance.

First off, dont worry about the distance, your going to do something positive, and good things are always worth the treck.

The buzzers are great, they wont let anyone in that doesnt need to be let in. Try turning that worry around, your not trapped, your safe.

Unfortunatly you may well have to go through your history again. But you will hopefully find that they will let you take it in your own time. Remember the nurse has to hear it from you to make their own minds up. And after all, who can explain whats going on better then you?! Just take your time, if you do have a panic, you will be in the best hands with lots of people who will be able to help you.

As to what to do to pass the time, 40 minutes will fly by.

:hugs: I am sure you will be ok, let us know if everything went well today.

Lilith1980
Hey Blackie,

Best of luck to you :)

Try to focus on the positives of this meeting. You will have somebody to talk to who will be able to help. Don't pre-plan anything, dont try and guess what questions will be asked because you will only end up in a state - rest assured I'm sure it wont be anything you cannot answer.

Can you go for a little walk before you head off? Get some fresh air? xx

jo61
20-11-07, 12:59
Good luck - not that you'll need it. When you get there go for a walk around before you go in. It really helps to get the oxygen up when you're anxious. Let us know how you get on :hugs:

blackie
20-11-07, 15:23
Hiya
Thank you so much for all your kind words.:hugs: I did it :yesyes: .
I did go for a walk before as i had to get from the carpark to the centre. I dont know if it helped my oxygen levels but i did get wet!!:winks:
Once i was there i did kind of sit in a state of panic and i didn't speak much. My dad did most of the talking. :blush: I get like that when i am nervous.
But the lady seemed really nice and its just totally different to the last place i went to. Instead of sitting in a small room for two hours being asked one question after another by a doctor who had the emotional intellegence of a flea we sat in a large room, with comfy chairs and just really got to know each other and a breif outline of my history.
I am going to see her every week and for a while it will just be her. Then if there are any theripies that will be of help i can go to them. :yesyes:
I just so happy.
Thanks again
Blackie

Lilith1980
20-11-07, 16:14
That's great news! Well done for doing it! :hugs:

honeybee3939
20-11-07, 19:17
Hi Blackie

Just seen your thread hun and was going to wish you luck, but noticed you have replied saying "You did it!":yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Wayyy too goo Blackie !! WELL DONE YOU !!:yesyes: :yesyes:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx