PDA

View Full Version : Scared of possible prostate/bladder cancer.

Seaster
09-02-22, 02:14
I’m 31 years old and a male. I have had frequent urination in the past day that won’t stop so I had it checked out. Urine test came back clean except for small traces of blood (microscopic) in urine. I have to see a urologist but I’m very afraid I might have cancer of some sort.

I have had the small traces of blood in urine before years ago but it was always a tract infection or something. I’m really hoping it’s not cancer but I’m legit getting anxiety over it.

Seaster
12-02-22, 00:50
Any opinions? I see a urologist next Friday but have to find a way to cope with the anxiety and the frequent urination too to sleep at night.

Catkins
12-02-22, 15:29
It could well be the same again, an infection.

Until your appointment keep busy and keep distracting yourself. Try and do some guided meditation to relax yourself and some light exercise to get rid of some of the adrenaline.

Have you got any hobbies you can occupy yourself with?

Seaster
13-02-22, 20:59
One thing I have noticed and I'm not sure if this is a positive or not, is that the frequent urination is on/off. And the past few nights have been without frequent urination, which hadn't been the case for most of this week. I want to think that it's a good sign as I am close to finishing my antibiotics but even so, I don't know.

I have quite a few hobbies but that tingly sense of urgency to pee feeling comes on and it makes my mind go back to that. Plus, when I go, I don't pee out very much. I guess it varies based on how long I've held it.

Seaster
14-02-22, 18:03
I got my lab results from my visit last week and on the paper, it says that I have "large amounts" of blood in the urine. However, I never notice any change to my urine color. Plus, the frequent urination only started over a week ago.

I'm really scared because I don't really have any risk factors for cancer. I'm 31 years old male. There were even a few nights where I had no symptoms of urinary issues. Last night started out bad but I guess I did get some sleep eventually.

The main symptom is frequent urination. Sometimes, it'll be small amounts. Other times, it'll be normal amounts. And sometimes, I won't even have any frequent urination.

I'm seeing a urologist on Friday but I'm just scared that it's gonna end up being Bladder Cancer. Plus, I worry that it might be advanced stages, even though I had no idea there was even blood in my urine. It says on the lab sheet, "blood in urine", but surely they mean "microscopic'? Because I wouldn't have even known I had large amounts of blood in there otherwise without a test.

Seaster
21-02-22, 16:50
I'll go 5 days/nights with no frequent urination and then it'll flare up again one day out of nowhere. I've seen primary doctor and urologist for this. Microscopic blood was found in my urine. The first test revealed "large amounts" of microscopic blood. The 2nd test revealed "small amounts" of microscopic blood.

I was told it's likely an infection or prostatitis. However, there's been no bacteria found in the urine cultures. I've basically been told more tests could be ordered based on results but I'll receive a call with next steps.

The main thing for me is the frequent urination came back yesterday and it really affected my night and trying to sleep. I think I did get some sleep but it was a real struggle for me. I did notice that my bladder calmed down a bit later into the night but it was still a struggle. Thing is, I was peeing normal amounts frequently last night to the point where I could probably fill a 2 liter of soda. I did not drink very much in the evening.

Urine tests have determined it's not diabetes, or an infection of any kind. However, microscopic blood is present, though the amount has improved. I'm not sure what to do about the frequent urination in the meantime.

I've also had some minor aches in back/flanks but nothing that makes me feel it's related to my symptoms. I've had these symptoms with prostatitis before and was diagnosed with that. I want to believe that's what I have but not sure. Doctor thinks so too. Though, I'm not convinced antibiotics alone will treat the prostatitis since no bacteria present.

nomorepanic
21-02-22, 18:45
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Seaster
21-02-22, 20:02
I appreciate it. To be honest, I fully expect it to be something like bladder cancer at this point. I mean, urine tests and cultures show no infection at all, but blood in urine. The amount of blood has improved but it's still there.

I find it interesting that there is NO RBC (red blood cells) in urine yet there is microscopic blood in there. I have no idea what that could indicate but I do notice slight aches in the flank. The frequent urination kept me up last night and I'm worried I did not sleep at all. I am alert at the very least but feel a little shaky. Could be the anxiety and antibiotic i'm on too but yeah.

I just wish I could feel optimistic. I'm scared that the symptoms will persist again tonight and I'll never sleep again.

Fishmanpa
21-02-22, 22:28
Let us know when you get the all clear from your doctors.

FMP

Seaster
21-02-22, 23:27
Let us know when you get the all clear from your doctors.

FMP

In the process of finding out what it is via tests and all. Supposed to follow up on March 31st but might need to move that date up if possible. It's not reassuring that people aren't dismissing my fear/anxiety over this. How am I even supposed to sleep at night? It sucks so much.

glassgirlw
26-02-22, 03:16
If as you said the amount of blood has improved, it doesn’t seem to me it’s anything serious. Cancer doesn’t come and go, nor do symptoms gat bad and then improve all on their own. No one here can for sure answer, we’re not doctors. But I’d be leaning more towards bacterial infection.

Seaster
26-02-22, 05:47
I had a Cytology done with my urine sample. The result was "atypical". So basically abnormal cells were found but not enough there to say it's cancer. I'm really unsure what to think because for the most part, my frequent urination is not even a bother. It does flare up at times some nights but it usually subsides and does not bother me until it flares up many days later.

Outside of some minor left back flank pain here and there, I feel fine. The feeling feels like a muscle injury with how it tightens and stuff as I move or seems to ache when I move at times. It's not even present sometimes.