PDA

View Full Version : Pancreatic cancer 25 years old

ConorWhe
11-02-22, 07:33
Hello everybody. Sorry to post again but the last 3 weeks I've been having a few issues I first noticed a pain in my lower left ribs to the side which I've had on and off for 6 months and also noticed red blood on the outside of my stool which has been on and off since I've been 18 years old. On top of this I'm suffered indigestion and stomach pain. My main fear is pancreatic cancer and I'd just like some reassurance over the rarity of it in someone my age. I've booked tests with the doctor and will be seeing my gp Monday I know no one here can diagnose me or advise me but I always find it helps me alot when I'm talked down when I think I'm acting crazy. It's gotten to the point where a diagnose of crohns or colitis would be welcomed by me as at least I know they wouldn't kill me. I'm only 25 but reading up on Google I've found cases that have scared me alot. I don't really have any history of cancer in my family other than my grandmother who had breast cancer

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

mark212312
11-02-22, 13:02
All I can say is look at my posts from 2020 and you can in real time read how I let HA take over me - final diagnosis trapped wind from acid reflux and IBS

AnxietySufferer
11-02-22, 17:55
Pancreatic cancer is RARE even in the older population. It is common for health anxiety sufferes to latch onto this cancer because it is one of the most deadly and hard to spot. The symptoms are very vague and there are many symptoms that are just a part of life. Indigestion for example. An anxious person will spiral about this but every human has experienced this at some point through eating too much spicy food, or certain medications, or even just eating too fast.

I amm 99.9 % certain you do not have pancreatic cancer.

If youve had blood on your stool this is something worth getting checked. But, there is no way this is from pancreatic cancer. Pancreatic cancer is fast growing and youve had it for 7 years. Im not even certain this is a symptom?!

Go live your life. Get the blood checked, but this is most likely not something serious. If its on and off and not causing other issues its most likely a fissure or something, especially if its bright red and on the stool rather than in.

ConorWhe
12-02-22, 06:43
Thanks for the reply guys the reassurance is very helpful

Rluvz
12-02-22, 18:34
Ngl i was just freaking about this by reading an article about it lol.

Gonna meditate now to reduce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnxietySufferer
22-02-22, 08:46
Thanks for the reply guys the reassurance is very helpful

How did it go with the doc?

kyllikki
22-02-22, 15:59
Hoping you're getting past this fear on your own, but just wanted to stop by and say that I personally knew someone who died from PanCan in her late twenties, after 2 years battling the disease.
Suffice to say she had severe pancreatic issues since childhood (when I say severe, I mean -- hospitalized frequently, was already seeing a pancreas disease expert)
But the changes which took place when she developed cancer were not subtle
She lost an incredible amount of weight extremely quickly and her skin turned a sickly color
She was a pale person when she was healthier, but with PanCan she looked like she'd had a bad spray tan, if that makes sense
It was to the point where a mutual friend who went to visit her in person almost didn't recognize her.
She had none of the other symptoms you're describing -- she had other symptoms instead which I won't tell you about because you have HA

So please believe us -- the chances that you have PanCan are probably infinitesimally small. Why do I say that and not zero? Because learning to conquer your HA means learning to live with not zero.
Wishing you all the best

ConorWhe
03-03-22, 10:45
Hello Sorry for the late reply. I had a blood test done which was normal except for slightly low vit D. Still struggling bad worse than I ever remember with health anxiety in my life. Getting a blood test for my pancreas done tomorrow and going to try get a scan as I feel this is the only way I'll move past this. I just keep googling how rare it is in someone my age and looking for reassurance thanks for your replies

skippy66
03-03-22, 11:59
You don't need reassurance. It only works for you in the short term. You need to accept that there's a tiny chance it could be cancer (but almost definitely isn't), face that fear and get on with living your life.

Put it this way, if it was cancer would you want to spend the precious time you have left worrying about it, or would you actually go and live your life to the full?