PDA

View Full Version : Arthritis symptoms, bumps and pains.

Victoria84
14-02-22, 11:18
Just looking foe a bit of advice as to what to do. I've had pain in my ankles, fingers, knees, hips and especially in my back between my shoulder blades for years now, I had hand x rays last year because they were painful and I developed a bump on the back of my hand which I assume by consulting the Internet is a Carpal Boss as its textbook according to the pics and info. I'm convinced I have some sort of arthritic condition because of all this and yet blood tests etc come back clear. My mum has fibromyalgia and arthritis, my grandma had arthritis and my dad has osteoarthritis in his spine. I just dont know how many more times I can go back to the doctors without thinking I'm being a pest but I cant carry on with this, I'd just like to see if anyone had any advice as to what to do? Thank you.

wasdhu
14-02-22, 11:55
It's very hard to find a doctor to take you seriously when you have invisible chronic pain, even more so if you're a woman. If you know something is wrong, deeply and rationally, then all you can do is keeping trying and learn to stand up for yourself. Sometimes you have to get angry at a doctor for them to do something for you.

Victoria84
14-02-22, 13:52
Thanks, you're right, I've been a lot with mental health issues, so anything else they seem to look at me then ask me about my antidepressants etc instead completely ignoring what I've actually gone in for. I'm getting fed up but also don't want to pester them at the same time as they're busy but I just dont know what to say to them anymore. I've actually moved doctors surgeries to see if that made any difference but it hasn't.