PDA

View Full Version : Swollen lymph node in groin, HA back again

quaglenga
15-02-22, 13:19
Hi guys,

So I went to the Dr in November with a slight fever and swollen, tender glands up in my groin and pelvic pain. She said it was likely a minor infection and sent me on my way but asked me to do an internal vaginal ultrasound to check my pelvic organs. These results all came back normal along with a full STI check. After a few days, the lymph nodes reduced in size and stopped hurting but I was left with one small pea sized node that still has not gone down. It is rubbery and moveable and I don't think it has gotten any bigger since it reduced to this new "palpable" size, sometimes it even feels less noticeable, but my HA tells me it could have slightly. :wacko:

I had blood work done last week and everything came back normal except my neutrophil levels were slightly low (0.5 out of range) and my lymphocyte count was 0.1 above "normal range". Dr said she wasn't concerned and that it was probably due to my body fighting an infection and I actually had COVID when I took the blood test (I didn't know this at the time obviously). She asked for me to repeat bloods in a month or two to see if levels were returning to normal but I am moving abroad on Friday until summer for university so I suggested redoing the bloods on Thursday - 2 weeks since my last bloods were done. She agreed but said not to be surprised if they don't change as it hasn't been long enough really, but at least if they were settling it would put my mind at ease.

I am only 23 and I hate how HA seems to be controlling my life, especially when I am studying abroad next semester and want to be enjoying myself. I can rationally say if I had lymphoma or something, the nodes would have gotten bigger over the last 3 months, would probably be hard, not moveable and I would be experiencing some other symptoms. I feel fine in myself, no sweating, headaches or sickness etc, just anxiety which causes me to have poor sleep and my muscles can feel tense at times. But all of this doesn't stop my irrational HA from panicking and thinking "what if?!"

Today I have felt my groin area and noticed another small node next to the original one which feels a little tender when prodded. I am really trying not to feel for it as I know it will make it worse and best thing to do is leave it alone. I just feel in such a state of limbo not knowing what is causing this. I am currently having therapy for my HA, it just doesn't feel like it's working sometimes.

Can anyone reassure me please? This is very unlikely to be lymphoma and most likely just a mild infection or that I have sensitive nodes?

Fishmanpa
15-02-22, 23:30
You got all the reassurance you need from your doctor :winks:

FMP