PDA

View Full Version : doctor wants to speak to me

mirry
20-11-07, 13:33
:blush: , last week I had a phone call from my doctors surgery asking me to phone my doctor next week (today) . when I asked why , she said she thinks its about medication,,, so I thought mmmmmmmmmm thats strange cos Ive only been on a low dose of propranalol.

Anyway today i phoned at 11.30 as asked and she was too busy to take my call :mad: , so they asked me to phone again at 12.30 , which i did and then they told me she has gone home :ohmy:.

So after a moan , I asked why does she want to speak to me cos im worried , then they told me its about my full hormone profile blood test results, so I then demanded the results and she went off to ask another gp for me.
This gp said , he didnt understand them and that my own gp would of taken a good look at them and to phone back tomorrow.

talk about getting me at it !

The receptionist said , maybe they cant read them(but she didnt have a clue what was going on) , so I said if that was the case then she would of just arranged for me to have another blood test, not for me to chase her for a chat.

Im sitting here not knowing what to think :shrug: .

xxx

neptuno
20-11-07, 15:25
Hello Mirry !
Stay calm - if it was anything mega you would have been called into the surgery. I've just been through a similar experience and spent days agonising over the results of a scan which turned out to be normal. Also I find receptionists aren't always the most helpful as they are working to practice guidelines. Don't let the buggers grind you down ..........!!
Be kind to yourself

mirry
20-11-07, 21:49
thanks , I should find out tomorrow whats wrong with my blood result ,

trying not to worry , maybe its nothing :shrug: .

xxx

northern_sky
21-11-07, 00:10
Hope you manage to get through to them. I wouldn't take it as a bad thing at all, doctors are just busy and don't realise we worry sooooooo much (I certainly do anyway). :)

shoegal
21-11-07, 04:33
Hope it turns out to be something simple and nothing to worry about.

Love and hugs from shoegal xxx

Krakers
21-11-07, 04:41
Hi Mirry - next time do what I do. I get my doc to phone me at an agreed time. Sometimes they over run, but dinner time is about the best.

They've got a phone just the same as you, only they have a duty of care. So make this clear next time you are asked to phone them. They provide a service to you, not vice versa.

Krakers.

mirry
21-11-07, 07:23
thanks :hugs: , I bet I have it redone which I hate because my veins are deep :mad: .

Apparently the gp is going to phone me this morning around 8.30am (so they say) I said I have to do the school run at 8.45am , so hopefull it will work out ok.:shrug: .

Not long to wait now , thanks once again :flowers: .

mirry
21-11-07, 09:35
she phoned , and it was just to tell me my blood test showed my hormones are typical of the beginings of perimenopause. I am 39 :ohmy: .

But she didnt seem concerned at all, so I wont worry about it.

Then she went on to chat about my propranalol and how I am getting on with it , which i replied ok so far ( only on 10mg 3 x a day) and she wants me to increase it to 20mg 3x a day.

Also she wants me to come in a chat about my depression next week , but Im feeling brighter this week so dont know if to go or not ?

take care all .
xxx

jo61
21-11-07, 10:07
The nature of depression is that you have good and bad days. I reckon she wants to chat with you about management of the condition. I for one would go and see her. She might also talk a little about management of the menopause when it comes.

groovygranny
21-11-07, 21:00
Hello Mirry :hugs:!

Aw, GG's been on the peri-menopausal roller-coaster (does anyone actually know what that really means??) since the age of 36 so I'm glad you're not going to worry about it because that's exactly what I was just going to say to you!!!:blush::blush:

I agree with jo61 and would still go and have that chat with your GP though, even though you're feeling brighter. No harm in just having a chat eh? And you'll have the opportunity to ask questions etc.

Big hugs for you :hugs::hugs::hugs:

:flowers: